LOGIN | REGISTER

Cristobal swept the sandbar away....

No more sandbar up at Topsail Island. The shorebreak's impossible at high tide now. I wonder how long it will take for another sandbar to form.

How's things down at WB, CB and KB?

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    like pipe over sand brah, epic barrelz all the time.

not.
    just much of the same but thats summer for you.

Images
    most likely its the flatness that swept the sandbars away rather than cristobal.

When the ocean is calm and not much sand is moving around the beach tends to flatten out.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    down at krystal on the right waves you could get a barrel but it has to be a decent wave.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    down at krystal on the right waves you could get a barrel but it has to be a decent wave.
    alright bro, i dont like calling people out, but these outrageous claims are really downing me. crystal pier is a mushy excuse for between tides midbreak on average. yeah when its good at wb, its ok, but there is no way its always barreling like you claim. bro, you seem like a chill bro to chill with, but crystal is actually quite mediocre in my opinion.
    everyone surf at c-street!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    most likely its the flatness that swept the sandbars away rather than cristobal.

When the ocean is calm and not much sand is moving around the beach tends to flatten out.
    Really? I figured it was the storm, because of the timing of its disappearance. And heaven knows, that thing sat out there, getting bigger, through lots of other flat spells.

I was *****in' about it when it was there, because at low tide the waves slammed over it and broke in water that was knee deep at best, but now that it's gone I miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    alright bro, i dont like calling people out, but these outrageous claims are really downing me. crystal pier is a mushy excuse for between tides midbreak on average. yeah when its good at wb, its ok, but there is no way its always barreling like you claim. bro, you seem like a chill bro to chill with, but crystal is actually quite mediocre in my opinion.
    everyone surf at c-street!!!
    yeah, couldn't you get a barrel anywhere if it's a decent wave?

Images
    That has been my experience... seen barrels at Fort Macon, Emerald Isle, Kure Beach, Wrightsville.... maybe once a year at most, but they exist. Just takes some long period swell and offshore wind.

Quote Originally Posted by adowcett View Post
    yeah, couldn't you get a barrel anywhere if it's a decent wave?
    no your wack
    ONLY at crystal bro.

i got some little barrels on the tail end of the bertha swell down there. dawn patrolled hard that week. Crystal pier will barrell (With good swell)- you might not make it out of em. That wave is not mushy-the south end is still very fun although the jetty seems to not be what it used to. go at the right time.