LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whales Tail

Images

Whales Tail

A pic from the whales Tail on August 3rd.
    http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...12180cvcvc.jpg
    Last edited by jrdphotography; Aug 4, 2008 at 05:27 PM.

sick picture, the lighting makes it! keep it up

Images
    Here are some more form the next day at the Whales Tail in Destin Florida.

Images
    Thanks Man! I had a great time shooting all day the 3rd and the 4th of August. I have some other ones from the Okaloosa Island Pier in Fort Walton beach. A couple of the locals wanted to check them out so I should be posting those soon today or tomorrow for them.

I cant wait for winter to finally get here so those lows can start cranking through the gulf. Last year I would drive over to Panama City and Ft. Walton area everytime there was swell, as well as Jax... where is your fav place to surf in the gulf? Last time I went to Destin it was pumping, and caught it pretty epic... shoulder high and hollow a-frames Man... if only the gulf got swell more constistently....

-T

Images
    Nice photos. What kinda equip setup you got?

Images
    Yeah man...I am shooting Canon MarkIII's and for Surf shots I use the 600mm f4, 300mm 2.8 and the
    400mm 2.8's ocaasionally using the 1.4x and 2x converters for those shots way out at 100 yards+.

Images
    Hey Tbing, here are some other pics from FWBeach and ST Augustine.

Images
    So you dropped what... like 30gs on equip right there, let alone what else you have? Haha I'm so jealous.. Right now I have an entry level Nikon DSLR with 18-55, 55-200 and a 70-300 lens. All Nikkors so its good for now. I need more money then I'm gonna get a fisheye + macro, then I should be set for lens, unless I go somewhere big for surfing. But on the east coast, I don't need more than a 300 haha! I'd almost kill a man for a Nikon D3, but I might have to wait a bit... The D700 they just came out with is a beauty, but also expensive...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    So you dropped what... like 30gs on equip right there, let alone what else you have? Haha I'm so jealous.. Right now I have an entry level Nikon DSLR with 18-55, 55-200 and a 70-300 lens. All Nikkors so its good for now. I need more money then I'm gonna get a fisheye + macro, then I should be set for lens, unless I go somewhere big for surfing. But on the east coast, I don't need more than a 300 haha! I'd almost kill a man for a Nikon D3, but I might have to wait a bit... The D700 they just came out with is a beauty, but also expensive...
    Well you know...that is what I do for a living. So over 22 years the customer has paid for my equipment in a way.

The D3 would be the only Nikon that interests me at this time, but you know Canon is coming out with a new Mark III that is supposed to be full frame and 15-19 frames per second with the same 125000 ISO capabilities and also a new 5D. Maybe at Photokina in Germany this Fall that is the rumor I hear from a guy at Canon.

Good luck and have a blast shooting this fall surf should be good. I do a lot of weddings in St Augustine, so I always hit the beaches when I am there. We'll see what happens.

JRD
    www.jrdphotography.com