LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    this is what i do when tourists come down and swim in the surf zones just hit them but make surfer you apologize and tell them to go boogyboard in the swim zone. That happened this past week hit some guy but he pissed me off and i told him to go screw himself and go to the swim zone and he told the lifegaurd and ]they about kicked me off the beach for the day.
    good. don't be such a ****.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    52

    hah

    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    this is what i do when tourists come down and swim in the surf zones just hit them but make surfer you apologize and tell them to go boogyboard in the swim zone. That happened this past week hit some guy but he pissed me off and i told him to go screw himself and go to the swim zone and he told the lifegaurd and they about kicked me off the beach for the day.
    That's funny. I almost ran over a guy out swimming with his wife once, but he dove in time and I went right over top of him. He apologized to me (he surfs kayaks) for being in my way and got his kayak and paddled out with me. I have never seen a lifeguard at 64th.

    P.S. For hatetoregister, you can check out the waves before you go using live webcams. There is one for MB at grandeshores.com and one for SB at surfoff.com.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    236
    The tourists have been bad for the past week. Like, worse than usual. I usually just surf right by them and they get the picture. I understand that we have to share the beach, but where there are 10 surfers sitting in the same spot, and 50 feet down there is empty water, they just need to move down a little.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wrightsville Beach
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetoregister View Post
    Oh no, they were not surfers in the way they were swimmers,just wading in front of all the surfers! Most surfers I have seen are cool. I ride a longboard so I am further out then the shortboarders, by the time I get to the shortboarders the wave is allready mine.
    That's why I love to longboard, however when I'm riding my shortboard longboarders really piss me off. I guess that makes me a hypocrite.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by adowcett View Post
    That's why I love to longboard, however when I'm riding my shortboard longboarders really piss me off. I guess that makes me a hypocrite.
    Kinda. It works great if the long boarders and short borders understand eachother. The LB can catch a wave in, and then the SB can catch the ones behind it and while he is paddling back out. Sometimes at my spot the LB guys will ride a wave in, and be back out in time to catch the next one. It can definitely get annoying.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wrightsville Beach
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    Kinda. It works great if the long boarders and short borders understand eachother. The LB can catch a wave in, and then the SB can catch the ones behind it and while he is paddling back out. Sometimes at my spot the LB guys will ride a wave in, and be back out in time to catch the next one. It can definitely get annoying.
    Yeah, I was just jokin around, but I deffinately let the guys on the inside have some. If I catch a wave all the way to the inside, normally by the time I get back out I don't have the motivation, and arm endurance, to catch a wave that comes immediatlly, well maybe if it's one of the bigger sets. I mean if there's so many longboarders that the sets aren't gettin through, then most likely it'll have to be at a popular spot or smallish where you wouldn't want to be out there on a shortboard anyway.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    defiently cause today in the morning down at crystal all the lb's would get alot of the waves and the shortboarders had to watch out for them which is what i hate since i mostly ride a shortboard.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wrightsville Beach
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    defiently cause today in the morning down at crystal all the lb's would get alot of the waves and the shortboarders had to watch out for them which is what i hate since i mostly ride a shortboard.
    For the east coast you really only need a shortboard like < 50 days a year. I'm deffinately gettin ready for a few more of them, wanna try out the new shortboard.

  9. #19
    msurfgo Guest
    I know I may upset some of you, but the beach is for all to enjoy. I surf both cb and wb on a very regular basis and really know how annoying the tourist can be. But, we have made great strides the past 2 years concerning the surf zones at wb and attitudes like some of those posted will do nothing but revert us back to the old methods of surf zones...and you think it is crowded now in the line-up. The waves here are not that great that we should hit a swimmer with our boards.. what did you accomplish? Maybe one last mediocre maneuver at the safety risk of the swimmer and yourself. The lifeguards should have made you leave the beach. If you were to talk to most experienced surfers at wb, most would agree with my comments. The problem is immature acts from a select few will affect and take away the privileges of many.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    im not a person to forget to apologize to people if i hit them but the dad of the kid i hit pissed me off and he never gave me an oppurtunity to apologize but i dont want the surf zones to change i like them and i dont want me due to a stupid mistake i made to change them again. And the lifeguard came and talked to me about it after it happened cause he saw it and i went and apologized to the kid but the dad was a real a hole for pushing the kid on a boogie board on my wave. and i just think that it trully wasnt my fault since i did yell the direction i was goping and the dad didnt hear me. Finally when i go surfing most of the people swimming in the surf zones duck under the water or get out of your way if they see you coming.