LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    "I used to go out almost every morning in Long Branch before work and I always had to hang my bag on the fence to keep it from getting run over by the beach rake. Those things are expensive to buy and to operate. Lifeguards are expensive. Someone has to pay."

Why? They don't even NEED guards. all the legislature needs to is pass a hold harmless law for beach towns so they can't be sued for drownings.

btw..NJ does not have the lowest crime rate..per the census bureau it's 26th

http://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank21.html

Talking Fishing Rod = Free Pass

For anyone who may or may not know. For any beach in NJ from Sandy Hook to Cape May they cannot charge you for having a fishing rod.

So for anyone who has to pay or is not sure grab your board and a rod and go ride. If someone tries to make you pay tell them to go scratch, can't legally charge you.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SocietyInKhaos View Post
    For anyone who may or may not know. For any beach in NJ from Sandy Hook to Cape May they cannot charge you for having a fishing rod.

So for anyone who has to pay or is not sure grab your board and a rod and go ride. If someone tries to make you pay tell them to go scratch, can't legally charge you.
    Yeah they can't charge you but they don't have to let you on the beach. Like you can't surf in the middle of the day on any beach, you can't surfcast in the middle of the day either.

Quote Originally Posted by xnoonelikesyoux View Post
    Yoooo ook I finally had to sign in due to the nonsense I've been reading. . . 50 salaries??? Shut up dude. . . You are sooo naive and don't have a clue what you're talking about. . . You obviously don't pay taxes nor own a home because otherwise you would know that Manasquan is a part of Monmouth County. . . So if you did your homework you would know the tax dollars come form the county to pay the lifeguards not the individual town. . . Hence why New Jersey has the ONLY strip of beach (from Sandy Hook down to Cape May) that you have to PAY to get on the beach in the ENTIRE U.S.!!! and yes we have the MOST corrupt system in Jersey and I'm tired of the finds paying to park when I'm a local and pay taxes alll year long. . . F*** Jersey. . . I love the people I know but the winter suits and the government can eat a D***. . . I'm heading south for warmer water and free beach accesss WITH lifeguards. . . Because other states know whats up. . . Wait till you can't afford to live here when you move out of mommies house ***got!
    Bahaha you really crack me up. You really think the county pays the lifeguards? I'm not sure if you missed it, but I do WORK for Manasquan beach, and Monmouth County does not pay the guards. You should learn YOUR facts before you try to correct someone elses.
    Last edited by tbing; Aug 8, 2008 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Why? They don't even NEED guards. all the legislature needs to is pass a hold harmless law for beach towns so they can't be sued for drownings.

btw..NJ does not have the lowest crime rate..per the census bureau it's 26th

http://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank21.html
    I was prefacing all those points with "some of" at the beginning of the sentence. Brick Twp. is the 3rd safest town in the country. Toms River is #9. The top 100 are full of towns in NJ. Most of the violent crime in the state happens in 10 cities (out of 566).

http://www.househunt.com/safe-cities/

Sure, you can pass a hold harmless clause and get rid of the lifeguards. But you still need money to clean the beach, pick up the trash, pay for police and ambulance service, etc.

The general public would never go along with getting rid of lifeguards. Even if you could get rid of them you'd wind up with drownings that first year that would be pushing 100, mostly bennies, but still. You'd wind up with more fights on the beach because people would be trying to fish, surf, and swim in the same places. People would get scare and eventually tourism would take a hit . . . drownings would drop off a little bit but still stay high enough to keep people away.

No lifeguards is fine when you're in hicksville . . . in the outerbanks, in parts of SC, Georgia, even some parts of the west coast of Florida. but go to any city with a beach (which is what the Jersey Shore is), Va. Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Myrtle Beach, any city in Florida, LA, San Diego even friggin' Chicago . . . and you'll find one lifeguard stand after another.

I agree - everyone who does not like it should skip surfing NJ. It's a messed up system. Just pass on by. OCNJ is by far the worst, and 56th St is just insane. Save yourself the headache.

Images
    the individual town pays the lifeguards not the county in NJ

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    the individual town pays the lifeguards not the county in NJ
    Atleast one person agrees with me. And I know I'm not wrong.

Tbing it's ok, its part time work, you don't need to be such a hard-on.

Look people If you haven't figured out how to avoid paying summer tags then you are an idiot and deserve to pay twice! I have been surfing for 20 years and have never payed for a tag while coming to or leaving the beach.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty J View Post
    Tbing it's ok, its part time work, you don't need to be such a hard-on.
    Trust me, if you saw me actually at work, you would know I couldn't care a bit. When people "sneak" on the beach, they call me cause thats my job. I usually walk on and say "why did you do that? just tell them you work here" then walk back to the badge checker and say they had badges.

It just bothers me that some p.o.s. disrespects me.

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post

It just bothers me that some p.o.s. disrespects me.

Well its the internet and you need to get over that because it makes you look like a douche when you argue silly points and get pissed over faceless and toothless banter. Plus your status as a 19 year old know it all is inflammatory as a rule.
    Last edited by Salty J; Aug 10, 2008 at 02:38 AM.