LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    My buddy is a park ranger at a spot that has 2 nice pointbreaks. It is the shark capital of Florida, with the arguable exception of NSB Inlet. He has literally begged me to come out and surf with him on big north swell days during migration season (Spring). I usually decline. It's a long walk and if you get bit, it is a long way back to get help. We used to call it Sharky's Point. It is a state park now. Valhalla knows where I am talking about. Spooky water.
    Yeah, it's a great place to watch the spinners run from atop the dune crossover. There's often boatloads (shiploads?) of them swarming around just yards from the oblivious swimmers. Went there early one dreery morning last year not even thinking about the sharks. Not another single soul on the beach as far as I could see. Real gloomy and eerie not to mention bigger than I'm comfortable with and some crazy sideshore. Quite creepy. Needless I say more, I didn't go out.

However, considering how miserably flat it has been here for so long now with no end in sight, if I had that morning to do over...

let's charge it and find out

i'm Benji and in Cape Charles just moved here. Is there any way i can catch a lift out to Fisherman's island or wherever the nice spot is for this hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by retrosurfvb View Post
    If anybody on here surfs on the eastern shore of VA, I was wondering if there are any point breaks. I know I sound like a kook but I've been looking at google earth at some spots that look like they would make some long rights on the right swell. Specifically the north end of Smith Island (directly below Myrtle Island) and the north end of Cobb Island.

Anybody know?

has anyone tried this kayacking across. how is that during hurricanes i'm interested lol

Quote Originally Posted by volcom850 View Post
    i'm Benji and in Cape Charles just moved here. Is there any way i can catch a lift out to Fisherman's island or wherever the nice spot is for this hurricane.
    Looks like the swells gonna be northeast and fisher mans needs a se swell to work. Good luck though and post some pics if you head out there.

It has been reported that the inlet in ocean city maryland as well as 1st street jetty and everywhere on chincoteuge are the great white and bull shark capitals of the world............................................. ............11111111111111111111111