LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Olympic Surfing

Hybrid View

Images

Olympic Surfing

Since the IOC has pulled Tug-O-War, Live Pigeon Shooting, and my all time favorite, Syncronized Swimming, I feel as though they should consider surfing as a sport into the next summer games. I remember sometime back in the 80's they were considering it, does anyone know what came out of that and why?
    ________
    headshops
    Last edited by SkySurfnSnow; Jan 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Images
    Golf is also being talked about as an Olympic Summer Sport...

i accually looked it up this morning and found this really good articles that makes some valid points. I just like anyone else on this site would love to see it work, i just dont it being possible

http://www.geocities.com/surfer_ed/surfolympics.html

What would be the chance of the country having waves at the time of the Olympics?

what if the country happens to be land locked? Or at least really far away from a coastline... It seems like most major countries end up having water access which is utilized in the form of ports for international trade but if some small country/land locked country hosted the summer games.... I'm not sure how that would work out. I gotta admit though, it would be pretty sweet to see surfing in the olympics.

since its like the olympics and all...unless the country is known for waves they would probably make a wave pool so the waves are always consistent

Well they are having 2012 olympic in england. theres decent spots around the cost.

house is outside rehoboth, DE (millsboro). unfortunately i can only make it there in august
    Images
    speaking of the olympics...who caught that mens 4x100 free relay? AMAZING!!! jason lezak owns that relay...splitting 46.00 are you kidding me...(i swim but if you dont know anything about swimming, it was incredible)

naturalchorus Guest
    theres wave pool technolgy in the works called "surf the ring". Pretty much the most awesome thing ever. 12 endless waves going at once. look it up. it would be perfect for olympic style competions. of course, its deffinetly not going to be a cheap thing to build just for the olympics but no doubt it would take in mad cash afterwards as wave park sor of deal