LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swell?

still dont see much swell for thursday, as much as i'm frothin, and as bad as i wanna make something out of nothing with the forcasts, checked 5 other reliable resources, all have diffrent wind directions, also none blowing more than 15kt. to get a waist to chest high wave i would say it would have to blow 15 to 25 kt plus over atleast 12 hours to make anything like is being forcasted (5.6@8sec). As far as the tropics go, i wouldnt count on either one of these storms(92L 93L) giving us anything, like i said,,, i wish i could be more optimistic, but its just not looking good, so dont get your hopes up. Wind shear has been 10kt below, and the water temps were good, but dry sahara sandy air has hurt it pretty bad, and wind shear is expected to increase to 15 to 20kt , thats gonna finish it off. 93l is if it does do any more development, going to take a hard N to NW turn out to sea and is going to produce no swell for the right coast.

thats just my take on things as they look right now. sucks. later on

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinwitha510 View Post
    still dont see much swell for thursday, as much as i'm frothin, and as bad as i wanna make something out of nothing with the forcasts, checked 5 other reliable resources, all have diffrent wind directions, also none blowing more than 15kt. to get a waist to chest high wave i would say it would have to blow 15 to 25 kt plus over atleast 12 hours to make anything like is being forcasted (5.6@8sec). As far as the tropics go, i wouldnt count on either one of these storms(92L 93L) giving us anything, like i said,,, i wish i could be more optimistic, but its just not looking good, so dont get your hopes up. Wind shear has been 10kt below, and the water temps were good, but dry sahara sandy air has hurt it pretty bad, and wind shear is expected to increase to 15 to 20kt , thats gonna finish it off. 93l is if it does do any more development, going to take a hard N to NW turn out to sea and is going to produce no swell for the right coast.

thats just my take on things as they look right now. sucks. later on
    sometimes I think what life would be like without swell predictions/forecasts ...

btw I'm new here, I surf at Wrightsville beach.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    sometimes I think what life would be like without swell predictions/forecasts ...

btw I'm new here, I surf at Wrightsville beach.
    well welcome to wb. it sucks that we never have any swell.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    well welcome to wb. it sucks that we never have any swell.
    I'm new to the website, not the beach

Keep an eye on the wave that just came off of Africa.. Conditions are ripe for that bad boy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Keep an eye on the wave that just came off of Africa.. Conditions are ripe for that bad boy.
    good call

Images

Angry Arrrrrrrrgh!

The first day in weeks that Wrightsville Beach gets good "3 star" surf (according to Wblive), I'm stuck at home because I live 15 minutes car drive away and my dad doesn't want to drop me off "by myself" and he has to work

I feel like I'm in prison right now.

Is it okay to cry because you missed out on soul-enhancing waves?

I've literally never felt so trapped in my life.

But, at least I know I love surfing (as if I didn't already).

siiiiiiiigh...

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

Talking

swell update wblivesurf says thigh to waist high glassy but a little mushy due to the tide coming off a high tide.

EVERYONE go out and surf if i were you take advantage of the swell.

We got out before 8. The waves were maybe waist, but they were breaking weird. I got maybe 3 good ones before it got flat. Whoever said it was going to be a 3 hour window of surf was right. Plus I managed to put a hole in my new longboard.

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    The first day in weeks that Wrightsville Beach gets good "3 star" surf (according to Wblive), I'm stuck at home because I live 15 minutes car drive away and my dad doesn't want to drop me off "by myself" and he has to work

I feel like I'm in prison right now.

Is it okay to cry because you missed out on soul-enhancing waves?

I've literally never felt so trapped in my life.

But, at least I know I love surfing (as if I didn't already).

siiiiiiiigh...
    It wasn't that great, best we've had since Bertha for sure, but there'll be other days...