LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tropical storm

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    yeah i cant wait for the winter swells this sucks. so much for a very active hurricane season.

Images
    the beginning to middle of august in general pretty lame. Generally the east coast gets much more activity on or around the beginning of september.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    the beginning to middle of august in general pretty lame. Generally the east coast gets much more activity on or around the beginning of september.
    the thing i dont get is that it's practically the end of august and the weather people were predicting an over active hurricane season. so what i want to know is were are these hurricanes they were predicting.

Yeah, theres no doubt that we are about a month away from the peak, but the atlantic has some work to do to favor the stormation of a healthy storm and hold this healthy for a long period of time . This will take a bit of time.. which opens the window for those cold fronts to begin barrelling down alaska and the northwest and make their way eastward for the fall. More than likely create a more sheared environment for the atlantic and create the tough conditions for the tropics. I am sure we will have an explosion period of a week or two where it will be very active with like 2 or 3 storms at one period and then things will really quiet down. Ya never know, just seems much like the same pattern as last year. Def. booking flights to Central America next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    the thing i dont get is that it's practically the end of august and the weather people were predicting an over active hurricane season. so what i want to know is were are these hurricanes they were predicting.
    Don't they say that almost every year?

i already got me a trip booked for next summer so im ahead.

If that long range model holds, that would really hit the spot right now. Checked 3 different models and they are all favoring a very nice ESE long period ground swell from i guess a storm that will be in our window by next sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    If that long range model holds, that would really hit the spot right now. Checked 3 different models and they are all favoring a very nice ESE long period ground swell from i guess a storm that will be in our window by next sunday.
    yeah from what i've seen on long range models there should be some swell coming but it could always change with the forcasters. but hopefully it wont change and come true.

so the swell isn't supposed to hit until next sunday?

that doesent bother me.