LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

walden longboard

so my longboard buckled today.. i love spending almost 700 dollars for something that is goin to break after not even having it a year.. does anyone know if there is a way i could get the company to reimburse me somehow..

Images
    i would contact them and maybe they will reimburse you. they might ask you to ship the board to them though.

Images
    surfboards are fragile, that's why it's hard to shell out the $$$ for longboards

I like longboards, but yeah I'm broke. So my next board is going to be a fish

good luck....

i doubt you'll even get an e-mail back from walden, yes they are good boards, but you should move away from fiberglass and get an epoxy longboard if you want durability.....

Santa Cruz makes a 9'2" charger, it's pretty sweet.... it runs about $800, but it comes with glass fins and a fitted board bag.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    yeah i would defiently get an epoxy board. but when i broke my al merrick and i emailed them some pictures so they can say if it would be fixable and they emailed me a few days after i emailed them but i would try emailing walden.

Images
    it was epoxy.. all i surfed on it was weak holden beach waves, so i dont know why it broke..

Images
    when i was goin to stand up i guess the front of my board was out of the water and when it went down i felt the rails break in between my hands... at least i think thats how it happened it happened really fast.. i had noticed a couple of weeks ago that there was a place that looked like it was buckling but i thought it would be ok... apparently not

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_JJ_910 View Post
    when i was goin to stand up i guess the front of my board was out of the water and when it went down i felt the rails break in between my hands... at least i think thats how it happened it happened really fast.. i had noticed a couple of weeks ago that there was a place that looked like it was buckling but i thought it would be ok... apparently not
    maybe it wasnt allowed to cure long enough or wasn't glassed right.
    send walden an email.

The JJ,

I had the same thing happen to my 9' Stweart LSP and it was "suppose" to be a step-up in durability from the traditional foam and fiberglass (E-type epoxy). I rode it for nearly 2 years without a problem...even in overhead Blacks. This Valentines Day, I was paddeling out and turtle dove some MAYBE waist-high breakers and my board broke in half about 2/3 up. A couple of guys and I just stared in disbelief for about 10 mins. I called and sent pics to Stewart about it and they basically said...sorry, that's the power of the ocean! they didn't even offer me a discount on a new one...needless to say I will never buy another Stewart! What I learned is that for most epoxy boards, the traditional open cell styrafoam cores DO have impact strength but are weak in terms of flexibility. Once stressed, will tend to break easily under even small conditions...which is why it probably broke clean. Not wanting to throw another $900 down the drain, I did a little research and found Fletcher Chouinard Designs (Patagonia) out of Ventura and Cardiff, CA.

http://www.fcdsurfboards.com/

They use closed cell syrafoam cores and can put a heavier glass on without increasing weight. They have a core sample in the store and as hard as you press, you can barely make a dent, unlike basic styrafoam or foam cores. Basically, their epoxy boards have greater impact and flex strength. I bought their 9' HP Longboard and I will tell you that I have yet to surf a more responsive, fast, durable longboard and they have the best customer service guys I have ever dealt with. Good luck with Walden and after it is all said and done like me, you will probably want to start a surfboard company since they can never make a crappy product and blame any imperfections on the power of the ocean!

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by hplogger View Post
    The JJ,

I had the same thing happen to my 9' Stweart LSP and it was "suppose" to be a step-up in durability from the traditional foam and fiberglass (E-type epoxy). I rode it for nearly 2 years without a problem...even in overhead Blacks. This Valentines Day, I was paddeling out and turtle dove some MAYBE waist-high breakers and my board broke in half about 2/3 up. A couple of guys and I just stared in disbelief for about 10 mins. I called and sent pics to Stewart about it and they basically said...sorry, that's the power of the ocean! they didn't even offer me a discount on a new one...needless to say I will never buy another Stewart! What I learned is that for most epoxy boards, the traditional open cell styrafoam cores DO have impact strength but are weak in terms of flexibility. Once stressed, will tend to break easily under even small conditions...which is why it probably broke clean. Not wanting to throw another $900 down the drain, I did a little research and found Fletcher Chouinard Designs (Patagonia) out of Ventura and Cardiff, CA.

http://www.fcdsurfboards.com/

They use closed cell syrafoam cores and can put a heavier glass on without increasing weight. They have a core sample in the store and as hard as you press, you can barely make a dent, unlike basic styrafoam or foam cores. Basically, their epoxy boards have greater impact and flex strength. I bought their 9' HP Longboard and I will tell you that I have yet to surf a more responsive, fast, durable longboard and they have the best customer service guys I have ever dealt with. Good luck with Walden and after it is all said and done like me, you will probably want to start a surfboard company since they can never make a crappy product and blame any imperfections on the power of the ocean!

you have your own surfboard company. and if so whats the name. or are you just pulling our chains.
    Last edited by wbsurfer; Aug 20, 2008 at 09:59 PM.