LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    my list.

5'3" Wateboyz BAT-ROCKER (check one out at WBZSURF.COM )
    5'4" ...LOST RNF
    5'5" santa cruz g-deck
    5'7" WBZ squash 5-fin
    5'10" AVISO lost squash thruster
    5'10" JS combat squash thruster
    5'10" JS flyboy thumbtail thruster
    5'11" HIC thumbtail thruster

marty0707 Guest

Sorry to hear about the Longboard

Hey dude,
    I know which board you're talking about and I'm sorry to hear about it buckling.
    I heard that Walden has gone overseas and that particular board was made overseas. I'm wondering if that is why the quality was not as good---unfortunately, we get what we pay for and some of the less expensive, used boards are not in the best conditions. I know Stewart Surfboards guarantees their longboards--that if they break, they replace.
    So, you might mention that as you contact Walden boards. Best of Luck and if you need a longboard to ride, I have one you could borrow 'til you get another.
    mm

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The_JJ_910 View Post
    ive got a 6'0" m4 merrick. i did have a 5'11" surftech but i just sold that, hopefully i can say i have a 9'0" again
    I started surfing beginning of this summer...

my first board was a 6'4 NSP Fish but I traded that in for an 8' Gary Wilson board.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marty0707 View Post
    Hey dude,
    I know which board you're talking about and I'm sorry to hear about it buckling.
    I heard that Walden has gone overseas and that particular board was made overseas. I'm wondering if that is why the quality was not as good---unfortunately, we get what we pay for and some of the less expensive, used boards are not in the best conditions. I know Stewart Surfboards guarantees their longboards--that if they break, they replace.
    So, you might mention that as you contact Walden boards. Best of Luck and if you need a longboard to ride, I have one you could borrow 'til you get another.
    mm
    can you feel the love?

I love surfing...

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    my first board i had was a 9' modern longboard which i borrowed from my freinds dad who taught me to surf then my real first board was a 7'6" that i dont know where its from i bought it used and my second board is a 6'1" al merrick flyer epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by ...LostInFlorida View Post
    my list.

5'4" ...LOST RNF
    5'5" santa cruz g-deck
    5'7" WBZ squash 5-fin
    How do you make it through summer?

Quote Originally Posted by ...LostInFlorida View Post
    my list.

5'4" ...LOST RNF
    5'5" santa cruz g-deck
    5'7" WBZ squash 5-fin
    how can you make it through summer with all shortbaords?

The JJ,

I had the same thing happen to my 9' Stweart LSP and it was "suppose" to be a step-up in durability from the traditional foam and fiberglass (E-type epoxy). I rode it for nearly 2 years without a problem...even in overhead Blacks. This Valentines Day, I was paddeling out and turtle dove some MAYBE waist-high breakers and my board broke in half about 2/3 up. A couple of guys and I just stared in disbelief for about 10 mins. I called and sent pics to Stewart about it and they basically said...sorry, that's the power of the ocean! they didn't even offer me a discount on a new one...needless to say I will never buy another Stewart! What I learned is that for most epoxy boards, the traditional open cell styrafoam cores DO have impact strength but are weak in terms of flexibility. Once stressed, will tend to break easily under even small conditions...which is why it probably broke clean. Not wanting to throw another $900 down the drain, I did a little research and found Fletcher Chouinard Designs (Patagonia) out of Ventura and Cardiff, CA.

http://www.fcdsurfboards.com/

They use closed cell syrafoam cores and can put a heavier glass on without increasing weight. They have a core sample in the store and as hard as you press, you can barely make a dent, unlike basic styrafoam or foam cores. Basically, their epoxy boards have greater impact and flex strength. I bought their 9' HP Longboard and I will tell you that I have yet to surf a more responsive, fast, durable longboard and they have the best customer service guys I have ever dealt with. Good luck with Walden and after it is all said and done like me, you will probably want to start a surfboard company since they can never make a crappy product and blame any imperfections on the power of the ocean!

Quote Originally Posted by hplogger View Post
    The JJ,

I had the same thing happen to my 9' Stweart LSP and it was "suppose" to be a step-up in durability from the traditional foam and fiberglass (E-type epoxy). I rode it for nearly 2 years without a problem...even in overhead Blacks. This Valentines Day, I was paddeling out and turtle dove some MAYBE waist-high breakers and my board broke in half about 2/3 up. A couple of guys and I just stared in disbelief for about 10 mins. I called and sent pics to Stewart about it and they basically said...sorry, that's the power of the ocean! they didn't even offer me a discount on a new one...needless to say I will never buy another Stewart! What I learned is that for most epoxy boards, the traditional open cell styrafoam cores DO have impact strength but are weak in terms of flexibility. Once stressed, will tend to break easily under even small conditions...which is why it probably broke clean. Not wanting to throw another $900 down the drain, I did a little research and found Fletcher Chouinard Designs (Patagonia) out of Ventura and Cardiff, CA.

http://www.fcdsurfboards.com/

They use closed cell syrafoam cores and can put a heavier glass on without increasing weight. They have a core sample in the store and as hard as you press, you can barely make a dent, unlike basic styrafoam or foam cores. Basically, their epoxy boards have greater impact and flex strength. I bought their 9' HP Longboard and I will tell you that I have yet to surf a more responsive, fast, durable longboard and they have the best customer service guys I have ever dealt with. Good luck with Walden and after it is all said and done like me, you will probably want to start a surfboard company since they can never make a crappy product and blame any imperfections on the power of the ocean!

you have your own surfboard company. and if so whats the name. or are you just pulling our chains.
    Last edited by wbsurfer; Aug 20, 2008 at 09:59 PM.

Images
    I emailed walden and they just replied with questions for me. So i decided to just call the company. The website didnt have a number except for the walden surfshop in CA, but i work at cape fear surf shop and i got my boss to find me the number to the company and the guy i talked to acted like he was goin to replace my board. I can only hope that every thing works out.