LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    how can you make it through summer with all shortbaords?
    thats exactly what adowcett said bro.
    wtf?

how can you make it through summer with all shortbaords?
    i'm a small little feller, 5'9" and 145lbs...

and, unlike the east coast, we only have 1 high and 1 low tide, with about 2 feet difference between the 2...

so basically, it can be thigh high, and steep as hell... alot of people (me included) don't even own longboards for exactly this reason, alot of the old guys do, but you see alot of beginners break longboards here...

we usually get a few good swells during summer, but usually it's flat....

if it gets about thigh high with an incoming tide, i can ride my G-deck or lost RNF with ease...

it's really not too bad, plus we do alot of skurfing around here too, ...take a bigger boat, usually a viking or hatterus in the 45' + range, and drive just below the point of getting on plane, this will throw a 4'-6' wake.... you can pretty much use a ski rope to stand up on your board behind the boat, then we wench in the rope until you're about 15' behind the boat.... when you get in the wake, just throw the rope in the boat, and you basically have an endless chest high wave...

but on a side note, i borrowed a 9'0" today from a buddy, to ride this weak little knee high swell we got from Fay... it was alright i guess, longboarding just doesn't appeal to me.

JJ- Again, I hope Walden does a better job of standing behind their boards than Stewart...good luck! Check out my post for "Surf Art" about 3 weeks ago if you are looking for a way to memorialize your broken board.

WBSURFER- i wish I had my own board company...I meant that if I was a smart buisness person, that is the buisness I would get into since it is the only commodity that I can think of that can really never be held liable for making a bad product, even if it is just a fluke since they can always use the cop-out of the power of the ocean. If you think about it, it is genious! Although in their defense, some people DO treat their sticks like $2 hookers.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ...LostInFlorida View Post
    i'm a small little feller, 5'9" and 145lbs...

and, unlike the east coast, we only have 1 high and 1 low tide, with about 2 feet difference between the 2...

so basically, it can be thigh high, and steep as hell... alot of people (me included) don't even own longboards for exactly this reason, alot of the old guys do, but you see alot of beginners break longboards here...

we usually get a few good swells during summer, but usually it's flat....

if it gets about thigh high with an incoming tide, i can ride my G-deck or lost RNF with ease...

it's really not too bad, plus we do alot of skurfing around here too, ...take a bigger boat, usually a viking or hatterus in the 45' + range, and drive just below the point of getting on plane, this will throw a 4'-6' wake.... you can pretty much use a ski rope to stand up on your board behind the boat, then we wench in the rope until you're about 15' behind the boat.... when you get in the wake, just throw the rope in the boat, and you basically have an endless chest high wave...
    me and my freinds do skurfing up here to but not behind a 45'+ boat we mainly use my uncles gradywhite which is 22' oir my freinds 21' wakeboarding boat. but we keep hold of the rope and we just practice doing cutbacks and anything else on it.

me and my freinds do skurfing up here to but not behind a 45'+ boat we mainly use my uncles gradywhite which is 22' oir my freinds 21' wakeboarding boat. but we keep hold of the rope and we just practice doing cutbacks and anything else on it.
    gotta get a big wake somehow.

yeah but doing it behind a 45'+ boat must be fun i guess i'll have to find someonw with that big of a boat to try it.

how do you break a longboard on the east coast? Most people only ride them when it's chest or smaller...just askin' ....

Quote Originally Posted by jahknee View Post
    how do you break a longboard on the east coast? Most people only ride them when it's chest or smaller...just askin' ....
    I think it would be most likely on a shallow sandbar, I couldn't really follow how he broke the Walden.

Quote Originally Posted by adowcett View Post
    I think it would be most likely on a shallow sandbar, I couldn't really follow how he broke the Walden.
    thats how i broke my epoxy merrickgot the late takeoff and the nose dived and it hit bottom and broke. at least it didnt break all the way off.