LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tropical storm

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

Talking tropical storm

okay guys tropical storm fay is now in effect. hopefully it'll come by the east coast and give us some waves.

2. we can only pray

dont get your hopes up, i give it 25 or less percent of curving north befor it goes to the gulf. The low preasure moving off of florida looks weak and i highly doubt it will steer it northerly. sucks, but thats how it goes. invest 93 disorganized and weak, not very optomistic about that doind anything either. guess you can pray, see what happens. later on, pray

Images
    in my experience, praying isn't so much a factor.

The Gulf coasters need to watch this thing carefully... all model projections are taking it near the Florida Panhandle at this point.

yeah, if that thing blew up, i'd consider makin a trip down there, panhandle is solid on good swell: http://www.surfline.com/video/video_...id=2350&mv=ncl

Crowd factor though
    Last edited by bfloyd; Aug 16, 2008 at 01:54 PM.

that just makes me upset. i wish i had a piece of it.

it will make land fall, the curve off the ga. coast and have swell sim to a nor east'r. thats just my opinion.

yeah but looking at the tracking if it meets with a pressure system then we have a chance that it can hopefully create some waves.

More than likely be chop suey ocean with some size, peaks with no face to it.. However there will be a clean up and leave about an hour for good surf before it is batted down, except for some of the better breaks that can hold a large wind swell a little longer. Otherwise, back to the saga of a very dissapointing summer xcept Bertha. Bring on the winter swells, this blows.
    Last edited by bfloyd; Aug 17, 2008 at 03:51 PM.