LOGIN | REGISTER

7 day swell outlook

Hey Swellinfo, heard you say something a while back about adding a 7 day outlook instead of the 5 day outlook. How's it coming?

Images
    maybe by the end of the year.

okay that sounds good b/c i use magicseaweed for the long range outlook but they are almost always wrong, so i can't wait to have a dependable 7 day outlook.
    Thanks

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    yeah magicseaweed is not very dependeble but swellinfo gives me an estimate of what it would be like.

hahaha not taking anything away from forcasters or whatever the case may be but a 7 day forcast is damn near impossible to get a dependable outlook for surf on the east coast. im sure swellinfo will tell you the 5 day is hard enough. we live in SE NC, anytype of weather even is possible with out much warning. not so much earthquakes

6. SCM SCM SCM Ti !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not in SCM kook, never claimed to be, im just stating facts. BUTTPIRATESURFER.

SI, you're doin great! Keep up the good work.

Fishin is right 7 days IS damn near impossible to forecast, hell even 5 days is tricky. A good rule of thumb is 72 hrs. Try this out http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/main_text.html

Here's the rosetta for ww3.

for buoy 41013 if you're looking at *2.0 6.0 281

it simply means 2 meters at 6 seconds 281 is the direction the wave is traveling not coming from. I'm sure swellinfo can 'splain it much better than I can, but that's the jist. The best way is to do the forecast yourself and cross reference it with this site or magicseaweed or what ever the eff else you like to use. There are tons of resources out there.