LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mid week

Hybrid View

mid week

Looking forward to the swell next week but the chances of me being able to go on Valentine's Day..... Few and none! For those who are not married or without a significant other please take pictures and tell me how great it was.
    I hope it sticks around.

Images
    ah, the problems you run in to trying to be a surfer and having a gf/spouse. It can be a tricky one!

can u make any predictions yet swellinfo? about early next weeks possibility for surf for the south facers?

Images
    Looks like a low along the SE US, is going to grab some moisture from the Gulf, and strengthen as it slides up the coast.

Greased,

for you area (Southern NC), were currently looking at a quick shot of mediocre S/SW wind swell that cleans up and drops quickly. The Mid Atlantic and NE, however shows strong NE wind swell. Slight changes in the path of the low could change things significantly, so just keep checking the swellinfo updates - there's still quite low confidence on this type of outlook at this point.

Also, the pressure maps are being automated now, so you can see where the storms are moving and so forth. Go to weather -> pressure.

ps. I copied this post to the southeast, since thats where you are referring to greased.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    ah, the problems you run in to trying to be a surfer and having a gf/spouse. It can be a tricky one!
    Sometimes its good to be single, I'm worried though I might tempt fate and hurt myself before my trip....

Given that it looks to get ridable only in the afternoon/evening, this is a valentines day bummer for us married types. Maybe there will be something left on Thursday morning?

Images
    Ya, Thursday could very well be a good one. You guys know how fickle these long range forecasts are for the east coast.... but the latest models are showing this storm blowing up off the coast. Those thursday surf heights are going to increase on the next update.

Keep checking updates guys - could be a good one. cross your fingers it doesn't turn on for valentines

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Ya, Thursday could very well be a good one. You guys know how fickle these long range forecasts are for the east coast.... but the latest models are showing this storm blowing up off the coast. Those thursday surf heights are going to increase on the next update.

Keep checking updates guys - could be a good one. cross your fingers it doesn't turn on for valentines

Looks blown out thursday? seems like the swell is not a strong as yesterday's forecast?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Looks blown out thursday? seems like the swell is not a strong as yesterday's forecast?
    The storm is very strong. The numerical models have shifted the storm track to the west. Which would provide a brief period of onshore flow followed by very strong offshore winds, and completely blown out by Thursday.

ughhh!...

you know, it wouldnt be so bad waiting a month+/- for waves if they would stick around for more than half a day. i've been thru a couple of multi-week flat spells on the central coast of CA (summertime) but then you are rewarded w/ 2 weeks of overhead southern hemi swell. and the winter... ahhhh. any changes foreseen before hurricane season starts again. i seem to recall spring being pretty fickle round here (at least the last coupla years).