LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Is this really Belmar?

After recent discussions about surfing beaches, and even though surfing beaches soon won't matter until next season, I was wondering how accurate this image from the Belmar website is about Belmar beaches. Is it accurate to say that you have 20 blocks of beach, at about 1.7 miles total, and at least one of those blocks is dedicated to surfing, three to bodyboarding, and one to kayaking? Please explain.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Aug 21, 2008 at 04:24 PM.

Yes that is Belmar. And dedicated is the wrong word to use.

This is a typical weekend, now you can see the problem.

How does belmar get normaly

Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    How does belmar get normaly
    It gets horribly crowded. That is the only place that I surf that when I leave I am more pissed off then when I went into the water. It is also the ONLY place I surf that I get dinged boards at. The people who normally surf the surf beach are all pains in the ass and every kook from 95 gets dumped off there. Most people who surf their need a lesson in etiquette also.

I only surf there when I am not in the mood to drive further south or I am surfing alone.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    It gets horribly crowded. The people who normally surf the surf beach are all pains in the ass and every kook from 95 gets dumped off there. Most people who surf their need a lesson in etiquette also.
    Got that right......Belmar is kook soup.

Images

Talking

Kook Soup is a great description .

Yes that's really Belmar. I have a post about it under the "Call To Arms" thread.

Everyone from NYC and PA comes there. If you can get parking within a mile of the beach, your lucky. The surfing beach is tiny and lots of idiots.

I just got a brand new board two weeks ago. On the third day out, it got damaged. It's now at the shop. Guess where this happened?

I go there because I have a pass, and it was one of the cheapest. Anyway, this will be my last year there. Will I go back to Belmar...yes....in the Spring, the Fall, Dawn patrols, evenings, etc. That's about it.

What happened to your board

just get in your car and drive somewhere else