LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tried to SURF

Unhappy Tried to SURF

Me and two buddies went out at Java East, it was so rough, my buddies couldn't get out past the break. I managed to get out about 4 times,.....WOW.....intense. The waves were so huge, we were out past the peir, no joke some waves looked to be 8-10 ft. I surfed 4 of the biggest waves of my life. the drop in was so intense, sent butterflies in my stomach just catching them,.....what a rush.But honestly the water was too rough.We went to Springmaid peir, and some of the waves were crashing on the peir...CRAZY, but we are going to go back out Saturday & Sunday, hoping for nice waves.

KANETICSURFKID

8-10ft, try 4 to maybe 6, you will know when you see 8-10 and it aint here unless that storm is right on top of us. Hate to have a lid in the pic, but this looks about a solid 10 : http://www.swellinfo.com/gallery/sho...php?i=419&c=21
    Last edited by bfloyd; Aug 22, 2008 at 01:38 PM.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    that pic is defiently a solid 10' it looks like.

if you guys had trouble getting out yesterday then you might want to think twice before paddling out when we do actually get some hurricane surf.

I'd say over 6ft on some of the sets where I was yesterday, some of the drops were pretty long.

I went out this morning, I couldn't really get out past the break. As soon as I got into deep water the currents swept me south towards the pier. This was early, before the wind got too bad. I wound up bodyboarding the shorebreak for a while, then the wind got stronger and I couldn't even do that. Twisted my ankle on a takeoff 'cause the choppy waves twisted my fin around. The wind was so strong that the sand was blowing around like drifting snow in a blizzard.

It'd be nice if it cleaned up for the weekend, but the forecast says choppy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I went out this morning, I couldn't really get out past the break. As soon as I got into deep water the currents swept me south towards the pier. This was early, before the wind got too bad. I wound up bodyboarding the shorebreak for a while, then the wind got stronger and I couldn't even do that. Twisted my ankle on a takeoff 'cause the choppy waves twisted my fin around. The wind was so strong that the sand was blowing around like drifting snow in a blizzard.

Yeah, Fay turned out to be more bad than good

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

Really? I surfed three times in the past few days and I barely drifted at all. It was kinda disappointing that there wasn't any after getting in the water 5 blocks north of where my stuff was. I guess 'cause it's a south swell.

how bout these little chargers, funny: http://www.news4jax.com/video/17258045/index.html

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    how bout these little chargers, funny: http://www.news4jax.com/video/17258045/index.html
    I love what the people say at he end of the vid