LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Another flat spell.

Another flat spell.......begins.

yeah, after tomorrow, looks dismal. Time to haul arse to Seattle for labor day, hopefully somethin will be a brewing in the ole atlantic upon my return.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    hopefully we get another storm like bertha were it doesnt hit us but is off the coast.

Images
    looks like a decent ESE swell from the tropics region will keep things fun all week.

Images
    Myrtle Beach is already dead. I can say this little storm Fay , did not give me one good ride.

6. i got a couple decent rides....but not as many as i was hoping

Quote Originally Posted by dcmbsc View Post
    Myrtle Beach is already dead. I can say this little storm Fay , did not give me one good ride.
    I was very disappointed with Fay. Cristobal and Bertha were much better.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seņor Surf View Post
    I was very disappointed with Fay. Cristobal and Bertha were much better.
    i think were all dissapointed with fay but lets hope that the new ts will not hit us but come off our our coast like bertha or cristobal.

not sure why all the disappointment...we've had waist high plus waves for a few days now...that's way better than flatness for weeks that was before Fay...and of course Fay wasn't as good as Bertha, it was barely a TS for a couple days...Bertha sat out in the Atlantic for almost a week....i got plenty of good rides the last few days... sure the first two days of the swell were huge and choppy, but if you were up for the work out and had some patience you could get some nasty rides....save the complaints....

Not sure where your located or what equipment your on, but there might be one little some what moderate waist line that comes through that might be fairly good for a long board. Other wise it has SUCKED period, the summer has been a disappointment. There were two descent swells and one of which was fairly gutless. There was the ESE moderate swell in Late June I believe and Bertha which was fairly Solid. Otherwise, waist and gutless for several months. The kumbaya attitude is what gets me, sure its fun to surf on something, but otherwise it is absolutely nothing to improve your performance on. Not too mention you will be blindsided when you do get real surf. ..Over the course of the past 12-15 years of surfing on the coast around here, it seems to be getting worse every summer, and it is tough to watch. Why you think all those Florida rippers have moved out to Cali? Sure we will never measure up to Cali, but it used to be a lot more consistency and size in the past. The only solution I can come up with is Global Warming and the Climates are clashing a bit and it is not productive for us. Rather the southern hemisphere that has had probably the best 2 years on record for consistency and swell. It is what it is, it is gutless and small and has sucked this summer and the past few days, I am sure others will agree.