LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27

    This afternoon...

    Anyone have a good prediction for how it is going to be this afternoon (after 4) in the Atlantic City region? Did anyone get out this morning... how was it/conditions?

    Hope there is some size still later and the winds aren't complete garbage.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    303
    Images
    57
    Im hoping for it to be good winds too and i hope that chest high prediction is right. Yesterday was really good.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    I got LBI yesterday around 3-5ish and it was garbage. Had some size but choppy and not lined up good.

    Weather.com for AC is saying 5pm W winds switching to WNW by 7-8ish... Just hopeing some size sticks around and it should be fun.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    303
    Images
    57
    Yestersday in oc md it was big w nice lines not really choppy either.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Anyone have a good prediction for how it is going to be this afternoon (after 4) in the Atlantic City region? Did anyone get out this morning... how was it/conditions?

    Hope there is some size still later and the winds aren't complete garbage.
    I think before the sun came up it was only semi-choppy but in my opinion it is complete garbage now and the wind is much more S than W. But if you would like to get tossed around in murky, weedy, chest high chop, your in luck today in the "AC Region".

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty J View Post
    I think before the sun came up it was only semi-choppy but in my opinion it is complete garbage now and the wind is much more S than W. But if you would like to get tossed around in murky, weedy, chest high chop, your in luck today in the "AC Region".
    Well there is a storm passing through right now and they are still calling for WNW switching to NW winds from 4pm on. Hope it cleans up.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Well there is a storm passing through right now and they are still calling for WNW switching to NW winds from 4pm on. Hope it cleans up.
    As of right now all I can go by is cames and reports till I get out of work. I am checking out the belmar and casino pier cams and they look absolutely FLAT. Reports are saying otherwise...

    Anyone been out in those areas in the past few hours?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing all day at work. I get out in 15 minutes and heading straight to AC. Hope for the best!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brick
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    As of right now all I can go by is cames and reports till I get out of work. I am checking out the belmar and casino pier cams and they look absolutely FLAT. Reports are saying otherwise...

    Anyone been out in those areas in the past few hours?
    the peir looks clean but belmar looks like crap still too high im hoping, im leaving in 5 min gotta atleast check it out

  10. #10

    Cams and Waves

    I don't know about anyone else but yesterday I checked the casino pier and belmar cams, and yea it looked flat and choppy. But when I checked the surf in person it was still really sloppy but sizable chest-shoulder. Some plus sets seemed head high-slightly overhead.

    In my experiences, cams from the boardwalk often make (unintentionally) the waves look smaller than they actually are. It's either that or my local break is flat out better than casino pier, but I would assume they are pretty similar.