LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Hurricane Hopeful

Gustav is now a Category 1 hurricane! I'm even seeing that it will intensify to category 3 or even 4 later on in the week! That's really exciting, but does anyone think that Gustav will make his way up the coast and send some swell to the northeast? By the way Fay traveled, I'm not sure Gustav will stay out over the ocean, but I don't know. Maybe the high pressure over the north atlantic is keeping the storms from riding up the east coast.

Does anyone have any thoughts or predictions for Gustav?

Yea dont think the track looks good at all. Its going to NAIL the gulf coast apparently, and some models show it going cat 5.. This is not one to root for...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcliff View Post
    Yea dont think the track looks good at all. Its going to NAIL the gulf coast apparently, and some models show it going cat 5.. This is not one to root for...
    agreed....this thing looks like Katrina the sequel...def not good news for new orleans and the surrounding states.

Images
    2nd that JJ. The price of gas is already going up, not to mention the businesses and homes that may be in the path of this one. Everybody is for a storm like this as long as it stays in the middle of the Atlantic and doesn't hit land.

Images
    yup. gulf coasters need to be very aware of gustav. i haven't heard to much on air about the katrina comparisons, but I know its in peoples minds. i guess way too early to jump the gun, but its scary thinking of the possibilities.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakagrom View Post
    Gustav is now a Category 1 hurricane! I'm even seeing that it will intensify to category 3 or even 4 later on in the week! That's really exciting, but does anyone think that Gustav will make his way up the coast and send some swell to the northeast? By the way Fay traveled, I'm not sure Gustav will stay out over the ocean, but I don't know. Maybe the high pressure over the north atlantic is keeping the storms from riding up the east coast.

Does anyone have any thoughts or predictions for Gustav?
    It's not exciting, it is bad news.
    Last edited by Db2k5; Aug 26, 2008 at 07:29 PM.

from weathunderground "As long as Gustav is over water, it will intensify... By Wednesday, Gustav will be underneath an upper-level anticyclone. These upper atmosphere high pressure systems can greatly intensify a tropical storm, since the clockwise flow of air at the top of the storm acts to efficiently vent away air pulled aloft by the storm's heavy thunderstorms. With high oceanic heat content also present in the waters off western Cuba, the potential for rapid intensification exists should the center stay more than 50 miles from the Cuban coast. Once in the Gulf of Mexico, Gustav is likely to intensify into a major Category 3 or higher storm. I give a 60% chance that Gustav will cause significant disruption to the oil and gas industry in the Gulf."

its one thing if it spins around in the middle of the ocean and gives us good waves, but more than likely its gonna f-up oil production in the gulf and give the oil comapnies one more reason to raise gas prices. ... and not even give us surf

Images
    oil prices went up today in anticipation.

haha figures

gas prices ... the anti-christ.