LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Jenks pro

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    brick
    Posts
    18
    Images
    2

    Jenks pro

    Does anyone know what time the jenks pro is at on monday.. hopefor a suprise wave???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    The Jenks Pro is scheduled from Thursday August 28th through Monday September 1.

    All competitors need to be ready to go during any of these dates, but the exact schedule for heats and divisions has not been determined. There will be a competitors meeting on Wednesday evening.

    Check the web site for further details:
    http://www.usbatour.org

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    303
    Images
    57
    Micah r u gona make another video of it? That last one was cool.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    Micah r u gona make another video of it? That last one was cool.
    thanks. I'll prob shoot photos and surf more this time. I shot from sunup until sundown that day. It was a great contest to film, but Im not sure i'm up for the full day of filming again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Point
    Posts
    267
    Images
    24
    Looking pretty dismal, huh?!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Looking pretty dismal, huh?!
    Our biggest hope is for the tropical wave northeast of the leeward islands - labeled Invest 95L. The GFDL hurricane model takes this to Cat 1 status by the weekend, which would build surf for the event Sunday into Monday.

    We have to hope that this system gets going or else, yes, the surf isn't looking too good. Still potential here though. By tomorrow, wind shear will be reduced, and conditions will be more favorable for development.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Point
    Posts
    267
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Our biggest hope is for the tropical wave northeast of the leeward islands - labeled Invest 95L. The GFDL hurricane model takes this to Cat 1 status by the weekend, which would build surf for the event Sunday into Monday.

    We have to hope that this system gets going or else, yes, the surf isn't looking too good. Still potential here though. By tomorrow, wind shear will be reduced, and conditions will be more favorable for development.
    Trying to decide whether or not to enter...probably not..may just go and watch...we'll see.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Trying to decide whether or not to enter...probably not..may just go and watch...we'll see.
    dont u have to defend your amateur title - or was that the year before?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Point
    Posts
    267
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    dont u have to defend your amateur title - or was that the year before?
    I actually may just do the pro..it may be better since they are thinking of waiting until Sunday/Monday for the pro because of the potential..can't do tomorrow (amateur) because of work. I am only free from Friday through Monday (or Tuesday, if I am sick...cough, cough).

    If I were doing the am's, I would only be defending a 2 year old 3rd place..the old man couldn't overtake the whipper-snappers then...probably still can't.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Point
    Posts
    267
    Images
    24

    Update..

    Jay has relayed via email and online postings (http://www.bodyboarding.tv/usba/news.php?id=168) that the Amateurs are going to be in the water on Thursday, the 28th, and that the Pro portion will be running over the weekend.

    I don't know where though...??

    Confidence in the potential swell thought to be here sometime Sunday and Monday is increasing, thus this current gameplan.

    If you need to get in touch with Jay, do so soon so he isn't scramblin' more than he needs to..

    Keep up on the updates @:
    http://www.bodyboarding.tv/usba/
    Last edited by Lumpy; Aug 28, 2008 at 04:58 AM.