LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121

    Tropical Wave - Invest 95L

    Looks like some potential for this tropical wave to bring the east coast some surf for next week. Below are the forecast models predictions for this system. The GFDL has this at Cat 2 status on Saturday, so this system has some potential. It just needs to fight off the sheer over the next couple of days.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    188
    Thank goddd something to look forward to!!!! Gas prices wont stop me next week!

  3. #3
    I like the looks of this one!

  4. #4
    i know this has been mentioned before but i couldnt find it searching the archives -- what is a good way to figure out how long it will be before the waves from a storm like this reach youre home break? (got a lot of stuff i have to move around so i can surf next week)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    i know this has been mentioned before but i couldnt find it searching the archives -- what is a good way to figure out how long it will be before the waves from a storm like this reach youre home break? (got a lot of stuff i have to move around so i can surf next week)
    Swellinfo surf forecasts go out 5 days, but wave/period maps will go out 7.5 days. On the ground swells, a good way to track when the swell energy arrives is to look at the wave period maps.

    For this system, looks for the surf to pick up sunday/monday time frame. It will depend on how much development occurs.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Va. Beach
    Posts
    28
    Let's cross our fingers, but not get our hopes up. Other than the last few days, the summer has been flat as the pamlico sound.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Swellinfo surf forecasts go out 5 days, but wave/period maps will go out 7.5 days. On the ground swells, a good way to track when the swell energy arrives is to look at the wave period maps.

    For this system, looks for the surf to pick up sunday/monday time frame. It will depend on how much development occurs.
    I'm looking at your swell plots for sunday monday and seeing only 2' @ 10 for the delmarva. I guess your models aren't making much of 95L?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    VCU
    Posts
    49
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by JonAngot12 View Post
    Thank goddd something to look forward to!!!! Gas prices wont stop me next week!
    jon youre coming down...im forcing you to

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    188
    I know this schrader ... and I'll be throwin buckets like clay marzo taking out my panic disorder frustration. See you soon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ocean City
    Posts
    200
    Images
    20

    Tracking?

    Alright i should know more about this as i have taken geography classes and my friend is a atmospheric science major, but how do i go about tracking this without hopping on the forums everyday asking you? Also, what is an invest is that just what they call big low pressure systems that look like they will form hurricanes?