LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Tropical Wave - Invest 95L

Looks like some potential for this tropical wave to bring the east coast some surf for next week. Below are the forecast models predictions for this system. The GFDL has this at Cat 2 status on Saturday, so this system has some potential. It just needs to fight off the sheer over the next couple of days.

Thank goddd something to look forward to!!!! Gas prices wont stop me next week!

I like the looks of this one!

i know this has been mentioned before but i couldnt find it searching the archives -- what is a good way to figure out how long it will be before the waves from a storm like this reach youre home break? (got a lot of stuff i have to move around so i can surf next week)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    i know this has been mentioned before but i couldnt find it searching the archives -- what is a good way to figure out how long it will be before the waves from a storm like this reach youre home break? (got a lot of stuff i have to move around so i can surf next week)
    Swellinfo surf forecasts go out 5 days, but wave/period maps will go out 7.5 days. On the ground swells, a good way to track when the swell energy arrives is to look at the wave period maps.

For this system, looks for the surf to pick up sunday/monday time frame. It will depend on how much development occurs.

Let's cross our fingers, but not get our hopes up. Other than the last few days, the summer has been flat as the pamlico sound.

no wammies no wammies

One could only hope for an Ernesto type storm again for this upcoming holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    One could only hope for an Ernesto type storm again for this upcoming holiday weekend.
    NOW YOUR TALKIN! ill keep the fingers crossed for that notion!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JonAngot12 View Post
    Thank goddd something to look forward to!!!! Gas prices wont stop me next week!
    jon youre coming down...im forcing you to