LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just now on the news they had a warning that the price of gasoline may spike to $5 or more because of this hurricane just like it did from Katrina because of a pause in production by the refinery and oil digging..... The gulf coast states get the worst of it but that is never good news even for us.

Images
    forecasters and media are now starting to talk about the very dangerous potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    forecasters and media are now starting to talk about the very dangerous potential.
    Its a really tough decision for the emergency officials to make..there and here..when a bad one ever comes our way.

The Delmarva peninsula (on a crowded weekend) has one of the longest evacuation times on the east coast...36 hours...becuase the traffic modellers believe tourists from DC/balt/Phil will go all the way home when the evacuation order is given (not just to like a shelter in salisbury etc.) and everyone knows there are massive bottlenecks on 404/50 I-95 etc.

Think about where a hurricane would be 36 hours before it gets NEAR Ocean City...at 15 mph forward speed, thats 500 miles south of here like off Georgia. In other words, when people would have to start evacuating to make it all the way home, the storm is so far away its path is super uncertain...

Anyone takin this?

Ok, so the obvious points have been brought up. I understand gas prices will go up. I understand that LA, New O. may get hit. So the real question and concern is will Gustov be a decent ground swell and safe enough to rip on? Just saw a report that be O-Head so anyone else gunna take the risk?

Images
    cat 3...this things gettin serious

heads up gulf coast........

and for everyone else, fill up your tanks now lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jtblue18 View Post
    Ok, so the obvious points have been brought up. I understand gas prices will go up. I understand that LA, New O. may get hit. So the real question and concern is will Gustov be a decent ground swell and safe enough to rip on? Just saw a report that be O-Head so anyone else gunna take the risk?
    west coast of florida will get some serious swell with stiff offshore winds...

A very serious threat now!

Images
    Holy 5hit!!!!!!!!!!!

Images
    even if gustav hits to the west of new orleans, the greatest storm surge will be in the Northeast quadrant of the storm, so I'm wondering the influence here....

Images
    i heard currently the situation is mandatory evacuation but... well if everyone leaves like they should, and no one is left on their roof for a night... what will everyone hate on GW for? oh wait i know, he didnt haul in any sandbags with his bare hands lol. what a jerk that guy is.