LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Shorepound???

Shorepound???

What is up with the waves in Delmarva dumping so badly? Some of the dependable Delaware spots have been brutal and I hear the same for alot of OC. Such a shame to have a decent swell that we can' t ride at our home break. Is it because of an extreme high tide?

what are you talking about man? shorepound is friggin fun!!!

I can't wait to eat sand tomorrow!

I hear ya man, there are definitely sandbars in midtown OC, just not as well defined as most of us are use to. As usual, all we need is one big storm to come and move the ocean floor around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfingOC912 View Post
    I hear ya man, there are definitely sandbars in midtown OC, just not as well defined as most of us are use to. As usual, all we need is one big storm to come and move the ocean floor around a bit.
    friday/saturday S winds @ 25 will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Porto View Post
    What is up with the waves in Delmarva dumping so badly? Some of the dependable Delaware spots have been brutal and I hear the same for alot of OC. Such a shame to have a decent swell that we can' t ride at our home break. Is it because of an extreme high tide?
    Yeah, it really sucks. This morning was insane uptown oc, just a horrible setup.

It seems to me that we have had bad conditions (wind/swell direction) in the past month in particular. The last two years a lot of bars were set up by september, and the summer bars seemed to hold pretty tight. But this summer was bunk and most spots just aren't ready for real swell, and still have the dreaded summershelf. I'm no expert, but thats what it looks like to me.

This summer was strange in the sense that you really had to search out a rideable wave, even when there was a little swell in the water. Getting in a car, for me, kills a big part of the experience... I'd much rather walk out or ride my bike to a spot that I know will be working.

I could not agree more. The bigger problem however is that with fewer breaks actually working the crowds are brutal. Let's hope this next swell fixes the sandbars.

Up here in central Jerz it was dumping pretty hard too. Some local spots I was confident would hold up to a decent south were total shi*t today. Only the most reliable two or three breaks were working consistently. Doesn't give me much hope for the rest of the week.