LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    did you know a man o war is not even a jellyfish?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Man_o'_War
    indeed......they are siphonophores.

Quote Originally Posted by jay cagney View Post
    a plant (that i've seen in ireland) that stings you when you touch it, kind of like mosquito's. leaves a red itchy bump.
    Aye I looked it up, google is our friend, I thought it was slang for something else.
    We have them here in America as well, according to Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Prey4Surf View Post
    Aye I looked it up, google is our friend, I thought it was slang for something else.
    We have them here in America as well, according to Wiki.

I'm pretty sure the kind of nettles they're talking about are sea nettles - not the kind in the woods

Sea nettles will kick your ass - I remember them being pretty thick in south jerz a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    I'm pretty sure the kind of nettles they're talking about are sea nettles - not the kind in the woods

Sea nettles will kick your ass - I remember them being pretty thick in south jerz a couple years ago.

I know those, I've had my ass kicked by one of those when I was about 15. Ripped me along my back and down my right arm, getting wrapped/stuck/tangled around my forearm, wrist area, which I than grabbed with my left hand and ripped off.

That was not a good night.

These are just what I think of as "bigger" red jellies.

Quote Originally Posted by jay cagney View Post
    a plant (that i've seen in ireland) that stings you when you touch it, kind of like mosquito's. leaves a red itchy bump.
    I think you all have the clap. the itching and burning...yeah u need to get to a doctor. anyways, this has been the best year ever in delaware for a lack of sea lice and jellies-but also a lack of waves.

yeah i was surfing s-turns and dem things was all up in da lineup scarin me

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    I think you all have the clap. the itching and burning...yeah u need to get to a doctor. anyways, this has been the best year ever in delaware for a lack of sea lice and jellies-but also a lack of waves.

hahaha oh all of us