LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Wind Forecast

Hybrid View

Wind Forecast

why is it that the wind forecasts for this site are predicting winds to only 15-20 knots for southern delaware on saturday, while the marine forecasts are saying 35-40 knots with gusts to 50?? Usually different sources disagree, but this seems like a huge difference to me...

Images
    there is some discrepency between models, which is influencing the swellinfo wind forecasting system. In the next couple updates, the models will likely come together and be more reliable with timing of the storm system.

thanks.... i dont know if anyone else has noticed this, but i've found NOAA to be on the pessimistic side of the forecasts, i was thinking maybe they try to lean on the safe side and keep mariners out of trouble, any thoughts?

yo i do my weatha.com for the wind forecasts. do tha hour by hour and you will have yourself some nuggets of knowledge b4 you go

Images
    guys, I updated the wind forecast system for the special need we have here with these tropical systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    guys, I updated the wind forecast system for the special need we have here with these tropical systems.
    I just noticed that and the wind got worse....