LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    that's glass compared to what it's going to be like saturday....and that didn't look anything like 18mph winds

Images
    its definitly lookin like VAS conditions, dumb to try and go out saturday.....and to call it safe, well, is dumb too

Images
    If that was you in the video I probably wouldn't go out either day.

"my parents won't let me out" HAHAHA! i love it! the rents are probably right on about sat though. you kids just spend sat inside thinking about those of us that are going to get the session of the summer on sunday. hope all of you up and down the coast get yours sun/mon.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedub View Post
    If that was you in the video I probably wouldn't go out either day.
    damn... i hate to comment twice in a row, but.... HAHAHAHAHA! good stuff!

You can look from the shore and determine how much water is moving out there. Also, if you see nobody out at 48th or IRI, then it's probably not a great idea to go out. Most will have common sense and the ones that don't will pay for it during their attempt. Either you won't be able to get to the lineup and will be one mile down the beach by the time you give up and paddle back in, or you'll make it out and will get crushed by a massive choppy closeout (which could be fun).

You'll basically be the equivalent to being a fly in a toilet bowl being flushed.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbrochill93 View Post
    i get this bull**** sometimes too from my parents

as if im gonna drown with a surfboard strapped to my leg??
    You think the surfboard will save you everytime? You think everyone who has died from surfing didn't have a surfboard strapped to their leg?

Gotta get a better mentality about that and always be prepared no matter what you have.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbrochill93 View Post
    as if im gonna drown with a surfboard strapped to my leg??
    surfers have died from drowning because of the board being strapped to their leg.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surferboi0911 View Post
    surfers have died from drowning because of the board being strapped to their leg.
    Never count on anything to save you but your arms and legs, and don't panic.

Dont panic, and learn how to float, if your out of breath float a bit and catch it. And as far as going out on saturday, Why expend all you energy on VAS conditions where you'd get a couple quick mushy rides. wait untill sunday and have twice the fun