LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surf On The Bay

Surf On The Bay

I was wondering if it is possible to surf on the bay after i saw a report on bowers beach

Images

Sure. . .

Go for it.

Images
    sure, just need the right direction fetch. A strong NE wind swell will break at Bowers - but it will be very choppy.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Sep 6, 2008 at 01:49 AM.

I didnt know that that the bay got anything. I didnt understand the report.

hahaha i've surfed the bay before, if you get a howling NNE wind for a day or two it will kick up some 2 foot wind swell, then its just down to finding a sandbar.... its not actually worth trying, i just showed up to the beach one day and saw these little choppy breakers and thought hmmmm.... why not???

where does it normally break

PhotoLab Guest
    My 4 and 6 year-old daughters have been catching 100 yard rides on my 9'6" Yater on good Southerly days at Bay Ridge in Annapolis....

Not much for the 185 pounder though.

Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    where does it normally break
    there are tons of weird little sandbards in the bay... if there was actually a swell present (which wont happen) than anywhere from cape to bowers could have potential.

Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    I was wondering if it is possible to surf on the bay after i saw a report on bowers beach
    i've seen ridable swell 3 foot at Broadkill beach after the winds went light after a huge northeaster in 1998. Bowers is too far up the bay, there will only be wind chop during the strmo there

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    i've seen ridable swell 3 foot at Broadkill beach after the winds went light after a huge northeaster in 1998. Bowers is too far up the bay, there will only be wind chop during the strmo there
    ya, i was thinking of broadkill.