LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

question for OCBP

Yesterday part of an old wreck came up around 39th St. Any word on that? Was it removed or is this gonna get beat up by this storm?

i didn't hear anything about that and I was a couple stands away. What time did it wash up?

Images
    I was out at 36th from about 6:30-8:30 this morning and I didn't see anything.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Yesterday part of an old wreck came up around 39th St. Any word on that? Was it removed or is this gonna get beat up by this storm?
    unless its a whole vessel of some sort or big enough to remain permanent along the beach they'll let it leave the same way it came.

Quote Originally Posted by SURF4LIFE View Post
    unless its a whole vessel of some sort or big enough to remain permanent along the beach they'll let it leave the same way it came.
    I heard it was a chunk of hull from a very old ship. dont know how big, but heard 39th st.

Images
    http://sbynews.blogspot.com/
    Reported about this a couple a days ago. It's been removed to be examined by the historical society or some****.

Quote Originally Posted by OCSpongR View Post
    http://sbynews.blogspot.com/
    Reported about this a couple a days ago. It's been removed to be examined by the historical society or some****.
    Thanks man...Nice blog by the way I'd hate to take one of these on the head:

Images
    Yea i was out there that day and i gotsome good picturesof it I'll try to post soon...pretty rad piece-i bet it was a pirate ship!!

Images

Experts in their field

Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Thanks man...Nice blog by the way I'd hate to take one of these on the head:

And you've just got to love how delicately the city moved it off the beach, eh? Priceless. Almost like the days of Mayor Kelly when he wanted to proved that ''Nothing lives in the surf zone,'' as he dug his hand into the sand and held a handful up where they liked to bulldoze the sand higher up on the beach.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Sep 6, 2008 at 08:48 PM.