LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Winter Wet Suit Recommendations

Any recommendations for a full winter wet suit? I was looking at West Wetsuits, they are an Australian Company & come with a lifetime guarantee. Thx.

Images
    If you do a search on this forum you should be able to find your answer. I know this has been dicusssed in detail in the past. Basically, fit is the most important factor, several companies produce good pruducts and thickness depends on just how cold you will be surfing in.

My opinion.....spend the extra $ and get a Body Glove Vapor 5/4/3. No doubt the best wetsuit on the market right now. The water repellant technology mixed in with the quality of the brand is the perfect combination. I like them so much, I've switched my whole lineup to Body Glove Vapors.

They are a little tough to get in the Delmarva area. I don't think any major shops carry them around here, but trust me, definately worth the $.

Also, if you are looking to spend a little less, but get a good suit, XCEL suits do the trick. I haven't heard too much about West Wetsuits, but overall "bang for your buck", get an XCEL. If you don't mind paying a little more, a Body Glove Vapor will definately be the best choice in my opinion.

Images
    O'Neil makes good suits. i just replaced my old 4/3 with a new psycho 2. it lasted me 10 years!

Images
    i have the rip curl f-bomb. i like it. only complaint is that the ankle are so tight, i have trouble getting in and out.

Xcel suits have treated me super well. The Infiniti system zipperless ones are super warm and flexible, even the 5/4's. Lifetime guarantee on the seams as well. The ones with zippers are not so warm though.

Also, you might want to look into Geoprene, it's made from limestone oddly enough. I've heard from a couple people it's the warmest thing out there, the Japanese company that makes it claims it to be 98% water repellent. I imagine it's costly though.

hyperflex. i have their 4/3 and its very comfy.

http://www.goingoffsurf.com/Merchant...egory_Code=110

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    i have the rip curl f-bomb. i like it. only complaint is that the ankle are so tight, i have trouble getting in and out.
    I have the same RC F~bomb 5-4-3 and I love it but yes the hand and feet are a lil tight.

xcel infinite. best wetsuit made IMO

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFresh View Post
    Any recommendations for a full winter wet suit? I was looking at West Wetsuits, they are an Australian Company & come with a lifetime guarantee. Thx.
    West are good. lifetime guarantee is a plus.