LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Sunday Hype

Hybrid View

Images

Sunday Hype

Looks like all this hype about today was a bust, or at least that's what it looks like on malibus surfcam. Looks really clean but probably in the waist high range, maybe it will look better when the sun comes out some more but right now it looks kind of bleak.

I retract the statement I made at 6am this morning, when I check malibus webcam it looked to be about waist high. When I really got out there I would say head high and barreling for sure. Super fun day and i'll be posting pics from the contest in a few days
    Last edited by mikedub; Sep 8, 2008 at 12:41 AM.

Dude i see the same as you.

Images
    VB - 30 minutes into our early sesh and the wind came up strong outta the NNE - UGH! Yesterday evening tho - fun solid 4' - 5' but tough to get into 'em with the strong WNW winds.

DE was overhyped as well. Went out for low tide early this morning hoping to see some head high sets.It was still alot of fun, but only in the 2-3 ft range with a very occasional shoulder high sets and super crowded. I heard there was a little better luck further south on the peninsula though.

Images
    you guys are ****ing retarded. south oc was head and bigger this morning with wide open barrels on just about every wave

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd468 View Post
    you guys are ****ing retarded. south oc was head and bigger this morning with wide open barrels on just about every wave
    Seriously...at 7 a.m. it was just about what this site and everywhere else forecast - solid shoulder - head high barreling waves with light offshores. Sometimes checking the malibus cam or going to northside with no sand bars doesn't cut it.
    Last edited by South Bethany; Sep 7, 2008 at 08:08 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedub View Post
    Looks like all this hype about today was a bust, or at least that's what it looks like on malibus surfcam. Looks really clean but probably in the waist high range, maybe it will look better when the sun comes out some more but right now it looks kind of bleak.
    it wasn't very big first thing in the morning with the low tide, but as soon as the tide filled in the size doubled. This is pretty common with ground swells around here, the tides make a big difference.

i surfed in ocean city, and there were some very good waves. Best waves we've had in the past few months.

Such a fun day... looooong rides. Best day of surf I've been able to get on since spring.

Around 5:45pm the winds switched offshore and provided for some bangers. I know the people I was with got some fun ones, anyone else? Good vibes, good waves, even saw some grommet punt a backside 180 in my face. Good times.

The bars are back, finally!!!

Was wet when the sun came up, and soaked when it came down. Hope everyone got some good ones...