LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Hype

Images

Sunday Hype

Looks like all this hype about today was a bust, or at least that's what it looks like on malibus surfcam. Looks really clean but probably in the waist high range, maybe it will look better when the sun comes out some more but right now it looks kind of bleak.

I retract the statement I made at 6am this morning, when I check malibus webcam it looked to be about waist high. When I really got out there I would say head high and barreling for sure. Super fun day and i'll be posting pics from the contest in a few days
    Last edited by mikedub; Sep 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM.

Dude i see the same as you.

VB - 30 minutes into our early sesh and the wind came up strong outta the NNE - UGH! Yesterday evening tho - fun solid 4' - 5' but tough to get into 'em with the strong WNW winds.

DE was overhyped as well. Went out for low tide early this morning hoping to see some head high sets.It was still alot of fun, but only in the 2-3 ft range with a very occasional shoulder high sets and super crowded. I heard there was a little better luck further south on the peninsula though.

Images
    you guys are ****ing retarded. south oc was head and bigger this morning with wide open barrels on just about every wave

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd468 View Post
    you guys are ****ing retarded. south oc was head and bigger this morning with wide open barrels on just about every wave
    Seriously...at 7 a.m. it was just about what this site and everywhere else forecast - solid shoulder - head high barreling waves with light offshores. Sometimes checking the malibus cam or going to northside with no sand bars doesn't cut it.
    Last edited by South Bethany; Sep 7, 2008 at 07:08 PM.

Yep, OC from 6am -9am was def going off. No complaints here

Images
    OC was the real deal this morning...not sure what all the complaining is about?

My back hurts from getting shacked every wave... I didn't always make it out though.

for the ones that didn't get shacked all morning, you could of had some overhead BOMBS down the entire length of Assateague. GREAT DAY. Afterwords i went to some different delaware spots and had some fun untill the wind picked up out of the south. And i'll say it again GREAT DAY