LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Winds dangerous?

My parents keep on saying all of this crap about oc md being dangerous saturday. Is it gona be at all dangerous?

Images
    Saturday looks to be Victory at Sea with very strong southerly wind. There is going to be lots of water moving around, so unless you are very experienced, yes it will be dangerous.

Most likely though, it wont be worth paddling out on Saturday in OC, unless you really like to paddle around in storm surf.

Rest up for Sunday, if you have the option.

Images
    My parents wont let me go either days. They piss me off w/ bs about rip curents and saying a hurricane is going over us.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    My parents wont let me go either days. They piss me off w/ bs about rip curents and saying a hurricane is going over us.
    what i hate is how everyone freaks out about rip currents when for a surfer, they make getting out easier! They stop after the breakers and you just paddle sideways out. Only tourists and people who don't know the ocean have to be given this concept, but sadly, even regular beach-goers have starting taking notice and "worrying"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    what i hate is how everyone freaks out about rip currents when for a surfer, they make getting out easier! They stop after the breakers and you just paddle sideways out. Only tourists and people who don't know the ocean have to be given this concept, but sadly, even regular beach-goers have starting taking notice and "worrying"
    rip currents are one thing, but if there is 30+kt sideshore winds with overhead+ surf, then you are going to have dangerous conditions for all except the experienced.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    rip currents are one thing, but if there is 30+kt sideshore winds with overhead+ surf, then you are going to have dangerous conditions for all except the experienced.
    definetly, I know what you mean, but I meant when it's like glassy and and light wind...

But it wouldn't be worth it it with all that wind... what if you die and therefore not be able to surf cean sunday?

So yeah, rip currents = big deal hurricane = big deal (for real)

i get this bull**** sometimes too from my parents

as if im gonna drown with a surfboard strapped to my leg??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbrochill93 View Post
    i get this bull**** sometimes too from my parents

as if im gonna drown with a surfboard strapped to my leg??
    I know it is and its safe to go out saturday and sunday night maby too.

Images
    I've also heard of people getting held up at the lip because of strong offshore winds... then taking the fall...

Images
    The worst winds i ever went out in was like 18mph east winds i have a video of in on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNfGP...watch_response