LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Questions from a new guy

Hi, I am new to this site and I just started bodyboarding. I was wondering where the best places to bodyboard in lower Delaware are. It seems like some places are shore break. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Images
    Micah, I'll save you some typing... no one wants to/will not give away good spots to be 'surfing' because of the attraction of other surfers therefore making it crowded.

Your best bet is to try and hook up with some local bodyboarders and make some friends. Also, go to the beach and start discovering spots without the help of others. Goodluck!

Thanks, I was wondering how far into the fall can you wear a spring suit untill it gets to cold and switch to a full suit?

do it until you think your too cold.. thats when

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jay cagney View Post
    do it until you think your too cold.. thats when
    Couldn't say it any better.

Images
    Welcome.

You should be able to make it through September with a full arm spring. Each year is different, but October is the transition month. Sometime in October, you will need to move to the full suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodyboarder22 View Post
    Thanks, I was wondering how far into the fall can you wear a spring suit untill it gets to cold and switch to a full suit?
    I can usually get away with my Spring until late Oct/ early Nov. It really depends on the weather and how fast the water cools down. I also do not mind wearing a Spring when most put on their full. I think on Sunday about 1/2 the people had on suits of some sort while the other half trunked it.

In the end, it is all about what you can tollerate.

I should have this Saturday off so i plan on driving from the State Park down to OC to hopefully find some spots. I appreciate everyones replies.

Just check many streets and look right and left, the sand and spots are always changing.

Images
    Man if you get some 3 mil booty's and gloves ,and a hooded vest you can probably go deep into the season pretty comfrontable.