LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The video link finally showed up, check it out.

As to what happened ocsurfnut's post (Stolen 6'6" Tuflite Bushman - Pancho Sullivan Model) touched on what happened.

Images
    Wheres this?

Images
    Its the shoals bra, google map it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedub View Post
    Its the shoals bra, google map it.
    Is it in oc md

Images
    Yeah its to the left of Kellys reef.

Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    Wheres this?
    Its a spot that hardly ever breaks off the coast of OC MD. Takes a good size swell for it to even work, and even then it takes a special swell direction and special winds.

video?

where is the video?

look at the 2nd post.

Images
    did you find a lower or higher tide to be better. my guess would be a low to mid incoming tide.

Dead low and incoming is really the best out there, otherwise it just gets fatter and fatter. The shots Shawn took were about mid-tide, and you can see how fat its getting. The boat angle really hides the fact that the wave stands up for a good 100 yards in front of you, but doesn't close out. That was the second time I've been out there, and it was really too small to be doing its thing, although it was still fun. I was riding a 7'4" believe it or not, only way to paddle fast enough to get the outside rollers. On the right day, with the right HUGE SE swell and NW wind... well use your imagination.

Oh and by the way, if you do go out there, make sure you switch tanks BEFORE you run out of gas! You can get in a world of hurt real quick otherwise.
    Last edited by ocsurfnut; Sep 11, 2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Grammer