LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

justsurrender Guest

Head high barrels

Just wondering what is your goto board when the surf is head high and offshore? I use my quad stretch its pretty solid, but I am looking to explore and try other boards that are super fast, any suggestions?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by justsurrender View Post
    Just wondering what is your goto board when the surf is head high and offshore? I use my quad stretch its pretty solid, but I am looking to explore and try other boards that are super fast, any suggestions?
    Depends on the tide.

ive been rocking my 6'3 T&C sharpe on the steady love it. very responsive.

Images
    i used to have a stretch quad.. it was great for fun size swells but in the winter it didn't treat me all that well.. personally i just dont like the quad when its really heaving and bottoming out

i love the quad, it really benefits to tune your fins tho. do you have futures or FCS?

I use my 7'11" Ashton Mini gun for pretty much anything. is skinny & thin with a great rocker, great board

justsurrender Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    i love the quad, it really benefits to tune your fins tho. do you have futures or FCS?
    I have a 6'2" Stretch Quad with Future Vector II fins. They are sick so I never thought about changing them. I've been riding a 6'1" round tail Aviso board the last week and its really awesome it feels real solid in the barrel and super fast on the face. I might be better bigger like 6'4" but I definitely like it.

maybe my 6'6 or 6'8 (6'8 in a wetsuit) thruster. both have slightly lower rocker than the avg shortie. I tend to side with speed more than maneuverability. i'm 6'2 - 210 lbs. i don't see how you're 6'4 150lbs. you must be a linky bastard. .... i'm jealous

Images
    I ride a Vortex V5, 43"..It stinks on head high waves but rocks the 2-footers...swear!!