LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Longboard Domination?

It is just me or does it seem like the majority of surfers in New Jersey are now longboarders? When i went out sunday there were always these longboarders that just sat waaaaay outside and snaked every single wave..it was getting Ridiculous

this pisses me off but theres not much u can do about it

it happens in OC md and at the indian river inlet ALOT
    Last edited by chadbrochill93; Sep 10, 2008 at 02:24 AM.

Indian River is the worst for that. But a least all the longboarders tuck up inside the jetty, theres usually plenty of wave to do around a little further away

I don't know if the majority of NJ surfers are longboarders but most of the surfers I know have both short and longboards. I know that I decide what to ride based on the wave conditions. IR Inlet is a mushy wave so it makes sense to ride a longboard there. And technically they are not doing the snaking if they are catching the waves outside.

I longboard and I try my best to stay in the regular lineup most times and follow etiquette. That way I get my fair share of waves without looking like a hog. I also pass up plenty of waves if they look like the shorties by my sides are going to make better use of them than I could on the tank. My only problem is that I do it too much and I see a lot of dudes hold off on waves I know I could've had fun with. If overall conditions are better suited for shorter boards I just stay waaaay down the line and hope to pick off some shoulders after bails. Either way I usually end up satisfied with the session.

yeah dawg you gotta roll up wit what da conditions call for. i see all these shortboards freakin out when i be catchin all da 2 ft mushburger sets on my log. when da surf gets big and powerful i bust out my channel islands...but come on people....anything less than waist-stomach....you gonna need a longboard

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme*NSP*ripper4 View Post
    yeah dawg you gotta roll up wit what da conditions call for. i see all these shortboards freakin out when i be catchin all da 2 ft mushburger sets on my log. when da surf gets big and powerful i bust out my channel islands...but come on people....anything less than waist-stomach....you gonna need a longboard
    nuff said mr. rastafarian dude. I go wit dat mon.

thank you mista david. i cant neva get no respect from these people. im up in here tryin to pass my wisdom to closed ears...fo real dawg im tryin to keep it real

i would shortboard but im 6'3 so its kinda difficult. its alot easier for me just to longboard. i agree with you thogh some of em are really ignorant riding every wave but that goes for both. people just gotta learn to share and take their turn. has nothing to do with long or short

Images

Lightbulb

It depends where you go. By the time i exited the water on Sunday at 10 am there were 25 - 30 guys at one break...NOT one of them was a long boarder. Manasquan and Allenhurst are a few places that seem to draw alot of long boarders...while other places don't at all. Location..location homie..