LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Go Pro Cam

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    303
    Images
    57

    Go Pro Cam

    Ever use a go pro camera? I can get 40% off them.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ocmd
    Posts
    703
    Images
    10
    dude those things suck...we took one to NC last year and it didnt last a week! Wrist strap broke, the "watertight" housing wasnt that watertight, and the batteries last like 20mins.
    Good idea and all just need to refine the product. We took it back to Kcoast and got the money back...better off hiring a photog haha wheres Sinkle when u need him?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    303
    Images
    57
    Thanks i was gona buy one. But screw buying that.

  4. #4

    GoPro

    I had bought one for a trip to Costa Rica last year. It worked fine for the whole week but i mostly used it for rain-forest zip-lines and rappelling and not much surfing. Unfortunately, I lost it either on the way to the airport, at the airport, or on the plane ride home so I cant speak for the quality of the images and video. I did manage to get some awesome video of Europeans walking around the beach in speed-os.

    Anyway, i'd be interested in getting a replacement if the price was good enough

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fenwick
    Posts
    303
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    I did manage to get some awesome video of Europeans walking around the beach in speed-os.

    Anyway, i'd be interested in getting a replacement if the price was good enough
    HaHa europeans in spedos. Has anyone tried it in the water and liked it?

  6. #6
    i have one, surfed with it. the thing sucks... i agree with all the above comments: battery life 20 minutes and the housing makes the pics uber soft.

    i decided to spend just a bit more and i purchased an olympus 7mp waterproof camera, it takes beautiful clear shots with no housing. i also purchased a sticky pod mount so i can take point of view video while surfing/snowboarding.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    595
    Images
    81
    The Olympus camera is decent, however its depth rated to like 5m, or 15ft. So its fine for surfing, but don't expect to take it diving, or even free diving and have it work when you come up.

    I have an Olympus camera from like 2002... 4mp. Takes good photos just is a little bulky and not much zoom. I have a housing for it. Rated to 50m-150ft. I am debating selling it... if anyone would be interested in purchasing it, PM me. Almost everytime I get in the water with it, it fogs up. ... Then again, I usually have gone in with it on good south swells hoping to get some good barrel shots... A few times I didn't and had some decent pictures that come out... but like I said, its 4mp so they aren't big. Big enough for like a clear 8x11.

  8. #8
    you are thinking of a different model

    i have the stainless steel stylus 770 waterproof to 33ft, no diving, but surfing or snorkling just fine

    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    The Olympus camera is decent, however its depth rated to like 5m, or 15ft. So its fine for surfing, but don't expect to take it diving, or even free diving and have it work when you come up.

    I have an Olympus camera from like 2002... 4mp. Takes good photos just is a little bulky and not much zoom. I have a housing for it. Rated to 50m-150ft. I am debating selling it... if anyone would be interested in purchasing it, PM me. Almost everytime I get in the water with it, it fogs up. ... Then again, I usually have gone in with it on good south swells hoping to get some good barrel shots... A few times I didn't and had some decent pictures that come out... but like I said, its 4mp so they aren't big. Big enough for like a clear 8x11.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Branch
    Posts
    367
    Images
    3
    just bought myself the boulder from verizon. its a waterproof cell phone from verizon with a camera and an optional 8gb memory card. think it wud be cool to take pics and listen to music while surfing. im about to find out if its really waterproof....
    o btw jettyhead i wud go to pep boys and get an anti fog solution meant for cars and use it on the camera
    Last edited by darippah; Sep 14, 2008 at 05:25 AM.

  10. #10
    it is not fog or moisture... the softness on the gopro comes from the lens and the proximately to the wateproof housing. you can make a good camera, but if the plastic on housing is thick or unclear than shooting pics through it will render the same outcome

    Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    just bought myself the boulder from verizon. its a waterproof cell phone from verizon with a camera and an optional 8gb memory card. think it wud be cool to take pics and listen to music while surfing. im about to find out if its really waterproof....
    o btw jettyhead i wud go to pep boys and get an anti fog solution meant for cars and use it on the camera