LOGIN | REGISTER

Dan Taylor Surfboards

Just got the 6"5 DT Hammer, amped to try it out soon as swell hits.

Does anyone have any personal experience with these boards?

Images
    Yeah, I had a 5'10 and it snapped right in half on a not so heavy wave. Very dissapointed.

Gone for Broke

Yep, had a 6'1" snapped during hannah on a chest high wave in OCNJ.

Images
    Sam Hammer seems to snap them constantly... Was watching one video (forget which) and it was hammer and a few other guys and hammer was the only one to snap his board and he actually snapped a few of them.

Thanks for the feedback. Doesn't look very promising then, probably snap it this winter.

I also noticed that when I was messing around with the board, had it placed on the carpet and layed down on top it, got up on my bare feet---couple movements like this and next day I noticed small dings on it. So the fiberglass and foam material must be pretty damn weak cause I weight 155lbs and board is a 6"5.

**** man, looks like made wrong decision. But hopefully it performs well before it breaks .

Hopefully others might jump on say board was great and didnt snap yet...haha

Images
    Yeah, by all means, I loved my D-T! Rode it for a month in Costa and it was awesome. I just feel like they snap way easy.

its a good shape, just not the strongest glassing schedule. ride it till it dies, then get a wynn

Good stuff, I'm amped cant wait to ride it.

Has anyone had that experience of just jumpin on a board lightly with bare feet and the board dings easily? Just seems a bit strange, def last time I do that after getting new board. I wanted to get a feel for it wit the deck on and where my foot would land.

Whatever, its going to get beat up anyway this winter so dont care, just curious.

have a 6 1 dt. awesome board, very fast and snappy. but the tail delaminated after a few months. good luck with yours