LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    So, are all you Guidos and Chowderheads ready for the big Jets vs. Patriots game tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    So, are all you Guidos and Chowderheads ready for the big Jets vs. Patriots game tonight?
    Haven't missed a Pats home opener in several years. I'm talking about attending them, not just on TV at home. However, I'm not even going to watch it tonight because I can't sit and watch an NFL game, albeit favorite team, when I've got 6-10ft and clean at the Trestles breaks. Can't wait to get thrashed and rag-dolled by Pacific waves for the second time in a month.

Driving to the airport this AM, the Boston sports radio guys were laughing at the fact that the "national experts" were saying the Jets had every categorical advantage tonight. Even passing. That's about as sensical as 7mm fullsuits in piss-warm September waters.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Haven't missed a Pats home opener in several years. I'm talking about attending them, not just on TV at home. However, I'm not even going to watch it tonight because I can't sit and watch an NFL game, albeit favorite team, when I've got 6-10ft and clean at the Trestles breaks. Can't wait to get thrashed and rag-dolled by Pacific waves for the second time in a month.

Driving to the airport this AM, the Boston sports radio guys were laughing at the fact that the "national experts" were saying the Jets had every categorical advantage tonight. Even passing. That's about as sensical as 7mm fullsuits in piss-warm September waters.
    6-10 foot huh HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    6-10 foot huh HAHAHA
    Brah, 3.5ft at 17 seconds there? Yeah, they're saying 6-10ft during the afternoon hours. This is not EMass scale. It's what the west coast site (Solspot) is saying.

Look at top right corner at this link, says that height for 6pm.
    http://solspot.com/trestles-surf-forecast

Back to NFL talk!!! I booked trip to Phoenix late October to see my Dirty Birds beat up on the Cards. Matty Ice and Jackson will be eating up the league by then.
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Sep 12, 2013 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Brah, 3.5ft at 17 seconds there? Yeah, they're saying 6-10ft during the afternoon hours. This is not EMass scale. It's what the west coast site (Solspot) is saying.

Look at top right corner at this link, says that height for 6pm.
    http://solspot.com/trestles-surf-forecast

Back to NFL talk!!! I booked trip to Phoenix late October to see my Dirty Birds beat up on the Cards. Matty Ice and Jackson will be eating up the league by then.
    I wonder how accurate they are compared to Surfline who is forecasting 3-5ft at it's peak today and 4-5 Occasionally 6ft tomorrow?

http://www.surfline.com/surf-forecas...e-county_2950/

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    Man, I can't believe Week 2 is already here. I've got a bold claim for tonight's game....

The Jets' defense looked pretty decent against Tampa Bay last week. That being said, I say the Jets D shows up for the second straight week to control Tom Brady and the depleted NE offense. Geno definitely has a long way to go, but as long as the Patriot's aren't scoring, the Jets should be able to keep up. Drink some coffee, because it's going to be a 4th quarter rivalry showdown in Foxboro tonight. 21-17 New York.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Man, I can't believe Week 2 is already here. I've got a bold claim for tonight's game....

The Jets' defense looked pretty decent against Tampa Bay last week. That being said, I say the Jets D shows up for the second straight week to control Tom Brady and the depleted NE offense. Geno definitely has a long way to go, but as long as the Patriot's aren't scoring, the Jets should be able to keep up. Drink some coffee, because it's going to be a 4th quarter rivalry showdown in Foxboro tonight. 21-17 New York.
    You might be right, it's not looking good for the Pats right now, but then again it's the Jets we're talking about, could be a painfully bad game, but hoping for a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I wonder how accurate they are compared to Surfline who is forecasting 3-5ft at it's peak today and 4-5 Occasionally 6ft tomorrow?

http://www.surfline.com/surf-forecas...e-county_2950/
    I wish it was going to be 6-10'. It was 2-3' this morning when I got in the water, it'll be 3-4' tonight when I go back out. I get the same swell direction as Trestles. 3.5' at 17 seconds sounds about right, but that's not 6-10', least not out here. Unless you're a leprechaun I guess.

leprechaun.jpg
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Sep 12, 2013 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I wish it was going to be 6-10'. It was 2-3' this morning when I got in the water, it'll be 3-4' tonight when I go back out. I get the same swell direction as Trestles. 3.5' at 17 seconds sounds about right, but that's not 6-10', least not out here. Unless you're a leprechaun I guess.
    Sounds about right, was watching it on the cams earlier today and they were getting 3-4ft, sometimes 5ft I think. Swell period on SL is 14-15 seconds though, so I guess it all depends on where you get your information from. Is there a more reliable site other than SI and SL for the West Coast?

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    3.5' at 17 seconds sounds about right, but that's not 6-10', least not out here. Unless you're a leprechaun I guess.
    This leprechaun?

leprechaun.jpg

Hey Gaff, when are they going to get some viable targets for Philip Rivers? Norv isn't around anymore to take the blame. It's time to step it up, Chargers!