LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Sorry, Matt. You're out in Houston. The Texans are going to milk this injury just like the Jets and Mark Sanchez. The Chiefs with Cassel and Quinn in 2012. The Eagles with Nick Foles and Mike Vick...?

Yates will do for now. Johnny Football is already looking at homes in Houston.

The Eagles are for real as long as Shady stays healthy. Nick Foles is average at best, but more consistent and traditional than Vick. The big question is will he be able to run with Chip Kelly?

Something has to give way in the AFC Worst sooner or later. Peyton hasn't thrown for 7 touchdowns since Week 1, so he is somewhat beatable. The Cowboys should have won and the Jaguars were surprisingly keeping up at the start. Von Miller is finally back, but will he be ready for the dynamic Colt offense? Trent brings a new dimension, freeing up that strong receiving core. It will be a close one, but the Colts will take this one 33-27

Will Romo continue to get better? Don't bank on that 500 yard game yet. Romo hasn't hit 300 yet this season and he only had 170 yards last night. He's lucky that the defense/special teams rose to the occasion. Don't forget about his offensive weapons. Tony Romo is very lucky indeed.

Who is Tim Tebow?

Tebow has been useless forever. Played here in Denver, sucked then n still does. Should have took up bowling in college. That way nobody would know him still!

Uh oh ...talkin' bout Tebow will draw the hijacker wayne troll
    Last edited by yankee; Oct 15, 2013 at 01:38 AM.

Images
    I feel like many people that “love to watch football” don’t actually love it, but rather not deal with people thinking they’re a weirdo for not being into football. Agree? Disagree?
    I also feel like surfing is on a different level than football and it confuses me when someone turns up fun surf for a football game.
    Is that better?
    Masshole, will you stop being so nasty if I stop calling you that? People shouldn’t get that rattled by my postings. That’s not my intention and I realize what I’m trying to convey with my own cryptic writing isn’t always received with clarity i.e. my “poor construction of the written word.”
    So coli, obviously you’re head over heels in love with yourself and I can’t blame you. 1558 posts since April is quite the achievement and a clear affirmation of your superior greatness. I mean “brah” can I suck your d*ck? It would be an honor since you’re basically the SI Forum Royal Overlord.
    Master coli your greatness, I don’t read half of the threads or posts on your royal forum because I simply don’t have the time. I’ve been working my ass off trying to restore the normalcy and stuff I lost on 10/29/12. I’ve also been dealing with my dog’s breast cancer. With that said I may not understand certain references that you make because I wasn’t present on the thread you’re referring to.
    Master coli SI Forum Overlord Sir; please don’t condemn me to the forum dungeon for I am an inferior being in the shadows of your awesomeness. Please humbly answer these questions your excellence for my incompetence precedes me.
    What is a hipster?
    Who is RoyCharles?
    What is anhedonia?
    Who is PB&J?
    What is a TC*nt? You f*cking transvestite whore.
    Last edited by Doug; Oct 15, 2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: punkawation

Something has to give way in the AFC Worst sooner or later. Peyton hasn't thrown for 7 touchdowns since Week 1, so he is somewhat beatable.

Woa bud,Afc worst?Broncos and Chiefs have more wins then your whole division.Manning against your team has the same amount of touchdowns then Flaco for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    So trendy to be a football fan. God forbid you don't have something to say about yesterday's game, society would shun you. I never completely understood why the general population is so enthralled with a sport they never play. I've read posts on here about surfing conflicting with Sunday football!? Are you f*cking kidding me? Seriously, are you f*cking kidding me!? As a real surfer one should realize the gross insignificance of a game like football, and if you want to weigh it against surfing, go f*ck yourself. I suppose for some, surfing is in our hearts and for thecountry rest it's the trendy and cool thing to do. It must suck letting societal trends lead you through life.
    Hey Doug,why so much static toward the thread.Where and the heck do you get trendy from.I watch the game because I love it.Flew more then halfway across the country and sat in negative 13 degrees with my wife to watch my team lose and guess what Im willing to take that chance again.Look at it this way,it's kind of like surfing where some people just don't understand why your surfing in January in 36 degree water and air temp in the twenties.Some things you can't explain to other people because you can't explain the word passion.

Anyone agree that the NFL game ball is doctored up with a slick lubricant this season? Let's get Starchy on this ASAP. First it was the Pats 30th string receivers dropping perfectly placed passes and Brady throwing balls into the dirt. Now both teams tonight are dropping several passes that are more than catchable. Either an abnormal amount of guys are hearing footsteps or the league needs to tactify receivers' hands with Sex Wax topcoat.

Doogie Howser, I'm more than stoked to continue our bench-off/lax-off on another thread or PM. Not here though. This has always been an off-topic thread exclusive to the modern pass time of the American sporting mainstream and never at any point comparison of where football and surfing rank in our hearts or the outside world.

Images
    Ok, good thoughts so far. Keep them coming. We get Surf so rarely I actually missed two Sundays of football to surf. Don't know if that helps doug. Maybe you should start another thread about it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Hey Doug,why so much static toward the thread.Where and the heck do you get trendy from.I watch the game because I love it.Flew more then halfway across the country and sat in negative 13 degrees with my wife to watch my team lose and guess what Im willing to take that chance again.Look at it this way,it's kind of like surfing where some people just don't understand why your surfing in January in 36 degree water and air temp in the twenties.Some things you can't explain to other people because you can't explain the word passion.
    Then your not one of the trendy fear of rejection people I'm talking about. I didn't say every single person that watches football.

If you start an official NFL thread prepare to recieve official thoughts related to NFL.

Coli, weak. "Bench Off", originated by yours truly. I take that as a compliment. Thank you. I'm still needing answers to my previous questions though. I honestly don't know what the f*ck you were talking about. I know, I know it's a massive crime in the royal court of our overlord, but how will I learn without propper enlightenment from his excellance?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Woa bud,Afc worst?Broncos and Chiefs have more wins then your whole division.Manning against your team has the same amount of touchdowns then Flaco for the year.
    Did I type that? I'm sorry, GoodVibes. I meant to type AFC West, but for some reason, my T9 automatically reverted back to the AFC West of the 2000s. It's too good of a saying to pass up, even though the West has two undefeated teams.

On a serious note, something really does have to give way in the AFC West. The Broncos are clearly undefeated, but Manning hasn't thrown for 7 touchdowns since Week 1. He's beatable and I can't wait to see the first matchup between your Broncos and the Chiefs. That's the game of the year right there!

I am well aware about Joe Flacco. He's no Peyton Manning and he won't make Rob Ryan do this (Tom Brady):

robryan.jpg

I'm not trying to make excuses, but we don't have a possession receiver (Boldin) anymore and our star tight end (Pitta) will most likely be out for the season. Torrey Smith is clearly our best receiver, but he's getting double and triple teamed every single down. That's why Joe was forcing the ball to our undrafted stud, Marlon Brown, so much on Sunday. Everyone else, including our new "eligible receiver rookie lineman," simply cannot be trusted with the ball or either can't get open. In other words, I'm not necessarily blaming Flacco, but I know it's not entirely his fault.

It's just like the San Diego Chargers - "Is Phillip Rivers really done in San Diego?" The new management group came in and said "are they serious?" Phillip River isn't done - he needs to be surrounded with talent. He's got some new faces out there that's making a huge difference.

Hey, Ozzie Newsome! Are you reading this?