LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 758
  1. #351
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Impacting the Coast for Jesus
    Posts
    194
    Well I do not know if all you Eagles fans want to be in the same category as me, but just because I live in Fla(left the OCNJ area 5 years ago) we do have something in common. E A G L E S________EAGLES! Season ticket holder at VET SECTION 707. Thank you Jesus for getting me out of that life.

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Well I do not know if all you Eagles fans want to be in the same category as me, but just because I live in Fla(left the OCNJ area 5 years ago) we do have something in common. E A G L E S________EAGLES! Season ticket holder at VET SECTION 707. Thank you Jesus for getting me out of that life.
    Wow, you were one of them 700 level dudes. Fantastic. For youse guys that don't know, oh well, this is a family site and the stories of the 700 level can't be told here.

    Spicoli, well, reaction from Eagle play-off losses depends on what type of bar you are in. Posh center city bars won't be the same as a bar in Port Richmond or Queen Village or Frankford. And you shouldn't venture in North or West Philly unless you got a hankering for coke and dope. Stay out of the SouthWest and parts of South too. And I don't know what channel your were listening to on the sports radio dial, but they'll be talking aboot an Eagle's loss for weeks.....months........it all depends on how interesting the Flyers or Sixers are at a particular moment.

    Now when I attended schooling in MA the Pats sucked. The local news stations account of the game would consists of, " The Patriots lost today to the Lions 42 -7" And that would be that. Yes, that was many moons ago, but Philly sports fans secretley get a kick when their teams lose because they can vent their frustrations of living in the "streets of broken dreams" on something. Eagle's games, no matter what the outcome, are disected and thoroughly discussed around here. Philly ain't Boston where people actually have lives, many Philly residents have nothing but their can of Budweiser and the Eagles.

    See Boston people think they're city is hard-edged and rough around the edges, but it's not. Maybe compared to Boise, Idaho it is, but not compared to Filthadelphia. Roxbury ain't no Fairhill and Southie ain't no Kensington.

    And Koki is on-the-spot once again. Praise Jesus. Hey, sonoffollower you ever push any kids in Giants jersey down a flight of stairs? Urinate in the stands? Ever chant, " Show your t!ts?" Ha ha ha...........Ahh the streets of broken dreams...

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Well I do not know if all you Eagles fans want to be in the same category as me, but just because I live in Fla(left the OCNJ area 5 years ago) we do have something in common. E A G L E S________EAGLES! Season ticket holder at VET SECTION 707. Thank you Jesus for getting me out of that life.

    http://www.flyeaglesfly.com

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Baltimore 27 Denver 24.

    I can't wait to see Champ Bailey get burned....again. Do you know of any good places in Denver to get my Super Bowl ring resized?
    r
    Dude,great job on the score prediction with your birds however you are off quite a bit with the Broncs.

  5. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    r
    Dude,great job on the score prediction with your birds however you are off quite a bit with the Broncs.
    Your Broncos played well, GoodVibes. Peyton was on fire and he has plenty of talented targets to choose from. I like that tight end of yours and as much as I hate to say it, Wes Welker definitely surprised me. I thought Eric Decker would overshadow him, but clearly, I was wrong. Props to eveyone on the Broncos, including my new favorite player, Danny Trevathan. He sure knows how to celebrate in the endzone!

    I thought we played great in the first half - it was the second half that has me puzzled. It was as if a different team showed up. Our secondary was all out of whack and I never thought I would actually miss Michael Oher. Your defensive end had a field day with our rookie! Joe was on the run the entire second half, so I really don't blame him for the ugly game. Plus, he doesn't have the reliable receivers that Peyton has. Needless to say, I'm talking about Dallas Clark, Ed "Dropson" ****son (8====D) and to an extent, Brandon Stokely. The Broncos did a great job at containing Torrey Smith and our running back duo (Rice & Pierce). It was definitely a disappointment, but I'm sure we'll spend all week "fixing the glitch." You haven't seen the last of the Ravens this year. Trust me.

    I don't want to take anything away from your Broncos - the better team clearly won last night. Congratulations. We'll see you in the AFC Championship.

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Free Metard
    Posts
    769
    DL, your Orioles took home a W for you. Still a lot to happen in the wild card - they could steal it.

    You and Suggs made the same prediction. I'm not much for gambling, but if I were, I think I'd take that bet. I wonder if Anquan Boldin, Dennis Pitta, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Paul Kruger, Bernard Pollard, Cary Williams and Dannell Ellerbe would take it too?

  7. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    DL, your Orioles took home a W for you. Still a lot to happen in the wild card - they could steal it.

    You and Suggs made the same prediction. I'm not much for gambling, but if I were, I think I'd take that bet. I wonder if Anquan Boldin, Dennis Pitta, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Paul Kruger, Bernard Pollard, Cary Williams and Dannell Ellerbe would take it too?
    The Orioles are definitely still in the chase. Either way, we've made a HUGE improvement since Buck took over. We still have a terrible owner and questionable management, which explains why the Ravens opened on the road. It's a shame.

    Thanks for taking the bet! Suggs is right - we'll see the Broncos once more this year. I think all of those players, with the exception of Pollard, would take Suggs up on that bet as well. I'm really going to miss those dudes; especially, Anquan Boldin. I actually met him before the Week 3 New England game last year in the hotel lobby. My girlfriend and I talked to him for about 15 minutes before Torrey picked him up out front. As he was walking out, I asked if we were going to win the game. He turned around, smiled and said "we're going to win it all." He was right.

    Crab cakes & football.

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,631
    Crab cakes and football indeed Dr. D! I am hungry tomorrow for some smoked Ibis. (Pretend you are hearing the theme song from Jaws). I know this is an NFL thread, but we have a little intercidal war down here in Florida (UM v UF) before we get to the ugliness that is known as the Miami Dolphin season. We all have our crosses to bear. I will comment on our upcoming game with the Ravens in a few weeks once I have a remote clue as to what the Dolphins will look like. My best guess is with FL Stone Crab season coming up, we may have an interesting bet in store.

  9. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Crab cakes and football indeed Dr. D! I am hungry tomorrow for some smoked Ibis. (Pretend you are hearing the theme song from Jaws). I know this is an NFL thread, but we have a little intercidal war down here in Florida (UM v UF) before we get to the ugliness that is known as the Miami Dolphin season. We all have our crosses to bear. I will comment on our upcoming game with the Ravens in a few weeks once I have a remote clue as to what the Dolphins will look like. My best guess is with FL Stone Crab season coming up, we may have an interesting bet in store.
    I'm hearing the Jaws theme loud and clear. The UM/UF game is always a classic. As a Terp fan, I'll be pulling for your Gators to knock off those ACC Ibises. When you're done, can you send some of that smoked Ibis up here? That sounds pretty tasty! I'll send you some NC BBQ or "Kill" in exchange.

    I actually grew up a Dolphin fan, mostly because of Dan Marino. Of course that changed when football came back to Baltimore in 1996 - thank you, Art. I think the Dolphins could be a Wild Card this year. It's definitely a bold call, but I really believe Tannehill is the answer; at least for the short term. His stock definitely went up with the addition of Mike Wallace. I'm not saying Mike will be a TD machine, but more like a secondary magnet like Randy Moss when he was in Tennessee. It should free up some of those young receivers that Philbin has down there. Please be nice to my boy, Dannell Ellerbe. I don't think he was worth ALL of that money, but he is very talented and he is a nice addition to your defense. Reggie Bush should still be in teal - Miami definitely didn't utilize him to his max potential. He's going to blow up in Detroit.

    Stone Crabs are great. Stone Crab Cake sounds even greater. Throw in some of that crippy cotton candy and we have a party!

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Your Broncos played well, GoodVibes. Peyton was on fire and he has plenty of talented targets to choose from. I like that tight end of yours and as much as I hate to say it, Wes Welker definitely surprised me. I thought Eric Decker would overshadow him, but clearly, I was wrong. Props to eveyone on the Broncos, including my new favorite player, Danny Trevathan. He sure knows how to celebrate in the endzone!

    I thought we played great in the first half - it was the second half that has me puzzled. It was as if a different team showed up. Our secondary was all out of whack and I never thought I would actually miss Michael Oher. Your defensive end had a field day with our rookie! Joe was on the run the entire second half, so I really don't blame him for the ugly game. Plus, he doesn't have the reliable receivers that Peyton has. Needless to say, I'm talking about Dallas Clark, Ed "Dropson" ****son (8====D) and to an extent, Brandon Stokely. The Broncos did a great job at containing Torrey Smith and our running back duo (Rice & Pierce). It was definitely a disappointment, but I'm sure we'll spend all week "fixing the glitch." You haven't seen the last of the Ravens this year. Trust me.

    I don't want to take anything away from your Broncos - the better team clearly won last night. Congratulations. We'll see you in the AFC Championship.
    thanks brother,First half you guys played solid and then we just lit it up.You guys will still have a good year thou.good luck on the rest of the season.