LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    So you have them as the best team in the NFL I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    So you have them as the best team in the NFL I take it?
    If you're looking for me to say they're the best team on paper and best team in NFL after 6 games, well championships aren't won on paper. I don't care who's "ranked" highest (aka man-made hype) at any point. I care about winning the last game, and it being later than the 16th game. That game is almost 4 months away and you don't wear Best NFL Team on Columbus Day jewelry into the HOF so that's a fruitless debate. This is the experienced athlete in me speaking, not the football fan.

Do you guys know what it's like for your team to sustain major, repeated setbacks and injuries and NOT be decimated as a result? Well, it's an empowering experience following a movement like that. For example, as much as I love my Falcons, I'm not betting the farm on them without Jackson and Jones. A ton of talent remains, but their success will largely be affected. Smitty is a very good coach as well and I'm glad they have him.

The difference between the Patriots and other teams in the league in recent years, and the reason I never have one bit of anxiety with them, is that when they lose you know why they've lost. It's clear what could've been done better and will be done better next time. When teams like the 5-0 Saints who've outplayed the Pats for the first 58:57 of the game end up losing, they're shocked, despondent, and really lack clear understanding of how that just happened. Ask the 2001 Rams, since it all started back then against them. Peyton won't be able to explain it any easier.

If they aren't the best team in the NFL right now, then who's gonna beat them next? Better yet, who's gonna beat them when Brady dials it in fit complete games again rather than just some or most drives? Who's gonna beat them when other other half of the lineup returns healthy and ready to play? Next to nobody is beating them today, brah. So even if those guys don't come back and we lose more to injuries, how's an opponent gonna match up with the mystical life force of the best team concept and locker room ever in pro sports?

We don't win it every year. But every year, we very well can win it. That's why it's so great to follow this team.

FYI cackedinri, I love the Raiders. They're in my top 5 favorite teams and always have been. I laugh when people say they hate them. Even in the rough years, they still got the aura. If they had a legit signal-caller the last few decades things may have been different.

BTW...Al is from Brockton, MA. A hardass town. He made them Boxers proud.

Power rankings? I put the Pats somewhere in the 4-6 range right now. Denver is clearly an offensive juggernaut. Kansas City is legit. I think Seattle is pretty damn good. New Orleans is obviously a good team, so is Indy. I think as it stands, Pats, Saints, and Colts are all right in that 4-6 bunch.

Pats injuries on the D side are adding up though. Losing mayo for the year is straight devastating. Best player on our defense, and the leader on the field. Now if Talib can't go we're down our top 3 defensive players....this concerns me.

And Emass, no way did New Orleans outplay the Pats in the first half of the game. Pats were running down their throat with Ridley. They were up 17-7 at half. The Saints only had one drive in the first half that was longer than 35 yards. Second half, pats got rocked until the Saints failed repeatedly to get a first down....huge sequence by a banged-up defense at the end of the game.

I wonder if putting your top corner (i.e. Talib) on Jimmy Graham will be the new blueprint to at least containing the physical freak that is Graham? I would have thought the size advantage would have been too much to overcome but Talib (and then Arrington) did a pretty damn good job denying him the ball. What good is the added size of a linebacker on Graham if they can't keep up?

the patriot have been cursed by god for cutting Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    Power rankings? I put the Pats somewhere in the 4-6 range right now. Denver is clearly an offensive juggernaut. Kansas City is legit. I think Seattle is pretty damn good. New Orleans is obviously a good team, so is Indy. I think as it stands, Pats, Saints, and Colts are all right in that 4-6 bunch.

Pats injuries on the D side are adding up though. Losing mayo for the year is straight devastating. Best player on our defense, and the leader on the field. Now if Talib can't go we're down our top 3 defensive players....this concerns me.

And Emass, no way did New Orleans outplay the Pats in the first half of the game. Pats were running down their throat with Ridley. They were up 17-7 at half. The Saints only had one drive in the first half that was longer than 35 yards. Second half, pats got rocked until the Saints failed repeatedly to get a first down....huge sequence by a banged-up defense at the end of the game.

I wonder if putting your top corner (i.e. Talib) on Jimmy Graham will be the new blueprint to at least containing the physical freak that is Graham? I would have thought the size advantage would have been too much to overcome but Talib (and then Arrington) did a pretty damn good job denying him the ball. What good is the added size of a linebacker on Graham if they can't keep up?
    Man, I do love my football and my Patriots, but really, I just let them play and I enjoy watching. I don't break it down too much. They've been getting hurt and having weird things happen for so many years, I've just learned to trust because they're always in it. Even 2 of the last 3 years when they were the best AFC team but blew it, I'm ok with it because we are in the SB every few years and winning AFC East every damn year.

Look at the Giants. Heroes to zeroes. Feel blessed we never have to sustain such an abrupt fall from grace. We are always in the mix and I have full faith in this team.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Was there holding on all 8 plays of the 70 yard drive in just over a minute? There's holding on every pass play in the league braddah. It's a matter of who get's called for it or not. Same for contact off the line between WR/DB and also the push off when the ball is arriving in that matchup. Too many blown calls in all of the NFL year in and out to debate them. Kind of a fact of life we have to accept and trust that they'll be a wash in the end.
    No I was only talking about the last play, if the refs called it like they should have, the patriots would have lost. point blank it was a gift. I don't think there is holding on every single play, a lot of them yes, and i agree it's all a matter of who gets called. But, comon that hold was noticable in a huge way...refs just turned their heads just like Belichick likes. NFL needs to do a better job getting this resolved. And for a game winning play it should have been absolutely reviewed. The Patriots record is actually better then they are. And i'm a firm believer that that will show come playoff season.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Oct 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM.

You wanted them to review the final play and then call a penalty based on their review? Learn the rules.

If you'd like to blame that last play on someone, blame in on Jabari Greer for losing his man in the endzone, or the safety for leaving a WR in single coverage in the endzone, on a play that HAD to be thrown to the endzone. Poor defensive execution.

There are missed calls in every NFL game. In the grand scheme of missed calls, that is a pretty minor hold. Screenshots don't tell the story. Watch the play.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    When teams like the 5-0 Saints who've outplayed the Pats for the first 58:57 of the game end up losing, they're shocked, despondent, and really lack clear understanding of how that just happened.

If they aren't the best team in the NFL right now, then who's gonna beat them next?
    You and everyone else knows what happened....a hold that was not called ends the game unfairly.

Do you really think that NE is the best team?? Thanks for the laugh! What happens when my underachieving JETS win this week? Don't even say it can't happen, cause it can...