LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

winter surf what kinda board ?

i got a 6'0 shortboard thats pretty thin, i think its 18 3/4 by 2 1/4 or something close to that so if im 5'5 and 125 pounds think thatll hold me up even when i got the wetsuit on and all? and will it paddle fast enough and ride smooth enough to be a good winter board ? if not what should i get

i use a 5'11 with pretty much the same other demensions and im 511 140 and that does me fine so ya youll be cool dont sweat it.

5'9" x 18" 1/8th x 2" 1/16th.

magic board.

Angry Sux 4 me

What sux 4 me is that i m 5'4" and 90 lbs (14 yrs old) and i dont weigh enough to duck dive on my 6'4" board! So yesterday (9-22-08) When the waves were around 8 feet and the rip tide was crazy, i just tried to swim underwater and abandon my board like usual, but instead the riptide nearly drowned me as it thrashed my body underwater, consecutively.

thanx guys and that sucks dude, try turtle rollling for the smaller whitewash sections instead of ditching ur board and at least bc the boards so big and ur so small that it probably paddles reallly fast haha do u have the money for a smaller board or no ?

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyNick View Post
    What sux 4 me is that i m 5'4" and 90 lbs (14 yrs old) and i dont weigh enough to duck dive on my 6'4" board! So yesterday (9-22-08) When the waves were around 8 feet and the rip tide was crazy, i just tried to swim underwater and abandon my board like usual, but instead the riptide nearly drowned me as it thrashed my body underwater, consecutively.

That sucks bro, I had the same problem on the 21st. I ride a 7' 6" board ride now so it was almost impossible to paddle out and that beast is definitely not going to duck dive. 6' 4" is a tough length recently. Im probably going to buy a 6' for the 8 footers.

Images
    Agua what kinda board do you ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme*Liquidshredda View Post
    i use a 5'11 with pretty much the same other demensions and im 511 140 and that does me fine so ya youll be cool dont sweat it.
    Dont you guys eat?? im 5'11" 175 lbs hehe

in regards to the surfboard... yea i agree with Xtreme... but also if you already bought the board then its gonna have to be allright. You got it used right?

haha i eat man im just built small i guess and no i bought it new a month or two ago and its really nice but its fragile, it dings easily but no holes thank god

Quote Originally Posted by gromsurfer123 View Post
    haha i eat man im just built small i guess and no i bought it new a month or two ago and its really nice but its fragile, it dings easily but no holes thank god
    yea sorry dude no bad intentions with that comment... dings happen though dont worry