LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Furthest Surf Trip?

What's the furthest from home any of you have gone for a surf?

The furthest I have gone is the Outer Banks where I only had one session while i was there due to lack of swell. I've surfed CB maybe twenty times, Masonboro a hundered times, and WB probably in the thousands.

So that's pretty pathetic. Someone show me up!

I've got my entire life to travel and will when I am able.

lol. I'm the same way. I surf my few spots all the time. I've traveled to the Carribean twice but wasn't able to surf either time. I've never even ventured to OB.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    the farthest that i've ben as to costa rca for 2 weeks and it wa pretty good except for the traveling since i was alays worried about my boards.

Images
    I would definitely recommend heading to Puerto Rico. Its a cheap flight and you don't need a passport. The waves from Rincon up to Aguadilla are great. A lot of people speak english and the liquor is cheaper than the beer.

Stay away from Jobos... The waves aren't worth the locals.

Everyone else was really cool at every other spot though.

Images
    I think Puerto Rico and Costa Rica are great first time surf trips for any east coaster. They are safe, easy, and relatively inexpensive. The only downfall is that rental cars are highly recommended if you want to get the most out of the trips. This is both good and bad as it adds to cost, but gives you the exploration aspect to the trip.

Images
    Nicaragua is fun. Other than the superfast paddling local kids who snake waves it was amazing.

A small island in the Indian Ocean. It's called Diego Garcia, not the best place I've been to, but definately the furtrest from home.

Images

Wink North Shore, Oahu

It is the farthest. The week I was there was in March. The waves were basically flat except a few reef breaks a 1/2 mile paddle out. I was wanting to see Pipeline go off but no dice. I surfed Haleiwa Bay, Sunset, Wakiki, Waimea Bay, and Back doors with a longboard. The surf experience there is very intimidating. There are dead surfer memorials lining the beach, the reefs are either razors or poisoness. A lot of the locals are on speed and will steal your board right off the truck, especially rented ones. I had fun at the Hostel with the multi international surfers visiting. I will probaly go again but this time check swells first!

Quote Originally Posted by SCislander View Post
    It is the farthest. The week I was there was in March. The waves were basically flat except a few reef breaks a 1/2 mile paddle out. I was wanting to see Pipeline go off but no dice. I surfed Haleiwa Bay, Sunset, Wakiki, Waimea Bay, and Back doors with a longboard. The surf experience there is very intimidating. There are dead surfer memorials lining the beach, the reefs are either razors or poisoness. A lot of the locals are on speed and will steal your board right off the truck, especially rented ones. I had fun at the Hostel with the multi international surfers visiting. I will probaly go again but this time check swells first!
    That sound's pretty sick. What was intimidating about the surf there? The waves or the people? And what size longboard were you on?

I can't wait to travel for the first time. I want to surf a point break so bad!

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleagle View Post
    That sound's pretty sick. What was intimidating about the surf there? The waves or the people? And what size longboard were you on?

I can't wait to travel for the first time. I want to surf a point break so bad!
    one day when i get the money i want to go surf j- bay not only is one of the fastest waves but its a rgiht hander and im just a monster with rights since i a regaular foot.