LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    daytona beach, fl
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    sending Email after email out from G-land pits

    ohhhh G-Land after seeing Kelly on that cobra in this months mag I think G-Land is up to #2 on my to do list, Waimea still #1 cause of its role in big wave development.

    Now, to answer the question for myself only a few hundred miles up and down the right coast of the good old USofA because I have a limited budget being young. had a nice one a few weeks back just jumped in my car with my surf board all alone on a Wed after working all day; booked a hotel in Tampa for the Wed night then was out on in the water in the early AM for Ike swells of about 7-8' until lunchtime then drove all the way back home same day....
    Last edited by smithtim; Oct 3, 2008 at 02:07 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Palm Bay. Florida
    Posts
    51
    Images
    12

    Wink North Shore, Oahu

    It is the farthest. The week I was there was in March. The waves were basically flat except a few reef breaks a 1/2 mile paddle out. I was wanting to see Pipeline go off but no dice. I surfed Haleiwa Bay, Sunset, Wakiki, Waimea Bay, and Back doors with a longboard. The surf experience there is very intimidating. There are dead surfer memorials lining the beach, the reefs are either razors or poisoness. A lot of the locals are on speed and will steal your board right off the truck, especially rented ones. I had fun at the Hostel with the multi international surfers visiting. I will probaly go again but this time check swells first!

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SCislander View Post
    It is the farthest. The week I was there was in March. The waves were basically flat except a few reef breaks a 1/2 mile paddle out. I was wanting to see Pipeline go off but no dice. I surfed Haleiwa Bay, Sunset, Wakiki, Waimea Bay, and Back doors with a longboard. The surf experience there is very intimidating. There are dead surfer memorials lining the beach, the reefs are either razors or poisoness. A lot of the locals are on speed and will steal your board right off the truck, especially rented ones. I had fun at the Hostel with the multi international surfers visiting. I will probaly go again but this time check swells first!
    That sound's pretty sick. What was intimidating about the surf there? The waves or the people? And what size longboard were you on?

    I can't wait to travel for the first time. I want to surf a point break so bad!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleagle View Post
    That sound's pretty sick. What was intimidating about the surf there? The waves or the people? And what size longboard were you on?

    I can't wait to travel for the first time. I want to surf a point break so bad!
    one day when i get the money i want to go surf j- bay not only is one of the fastest waves but its a rgiht hander and im just a monster with rights since i a regaular foot.

  5. #15
    Baja. Minus the waves, hands down was the worst trip of my life. Got robbed by gangbangers and had to pay off 3 fedarales at a whopping 150 bucks a piece! Had explosive shats the whole time I was down there and a week after. Be sure you go with someone you know who KNOWS the area and the right people. We surfed K-38 for 2 days and another break about 10 miles away. Water was warm and the surf was good. That's about the only positive I can say bout that trip.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooba View Post
    Baja. Minus the waves, hands down was the worst trip of my life. Got robbed by gangbangers and had to pay off 3 fedarales at a whopping 150 bucks a piece! Had explosive shats the whole time I was down there and a week after. Be sure you go with someone you know who KNOWS the area and the right people. We surfed K-38 for 2 days and another break about 10 miles away. Water was warm and the surf was good. That's about the only positive I can say bout that trip.
    why did you have to pay the feds?

  7. #17
    treece Guest
    Hawaii is the farthest I've gone. Only surfed two days there. I've also spent two summer is Santa Cruz California. This past summer we had consistant chest to head high waves for almost a month and a half and always super clean there. It was definatly a treat being from the East Coast.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Palm Bay. Florida
    Posts
    51
    Images
    12

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by beagleagle View Post
    That sound's pretty sick. What was intimidating about the surf there? The waves or the people? And what size longboard were you on?

    I can't wait to travel for the first time. I want to surf a point break so bad!
    Intimidating??? I thought I explained the graves and memorials of dead surfers!!! And poison reef sticking up where you are not aware of. There are enough worries in the ocean without that. Size doesnt matter silly rabbit! But a 9'1" was what i had.

  9. #19
    Studied abroad in Australia. Spent "study week" in Fiji.

    Other than that jsut the East Coast.

  10. #20
    Mexi-Feds will threaten to throw you in jail just because you have a board with you, especially if you're American. They will either arrest you or you could pay a "fine" to keep you out of jail. It's no fun when you're the outsider. I'm making plans to go to India next year.