LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: BTX Snowboards

Hybrid View

BTX Snowboards

believe in the banana-tech hype?

i like the www rocker better than the skate banana, it makes more sense.

the idea seems to make sense although i've never ridden one

dude, every company is going to come out with a banana board this year, its all cause of how well those skate bananas did last year. I go to college in Steamboat Springs and my major is snowboard retail and design so you can say that I'm pretty much an expert on this topic. Honestly the only banana board i would buy is the skate banana, I really couldn't think of a better board for people who shred east coast. The magna traction lets you keep your edges super dull, but still be able to hold even on east coast ice. And even though it looks all weird with the rocker like it is, but when your strapped in and riding you do not even notice at all, the only times you do is when you want to, like buttering a box (tail butters are way way way to easy on the skate banana). My buddy had a banana out here in steamboat last year and broke his pow stick right in the middle of Feb and was forced to ride nipple deep pow on a few occasions on his skate banana, and it handled surprisingly well. So, if I were you i wouldn't get any other banana board, cause u know the banana is legit. All these other companies kinda rushed to get these "banana" boards out, and honestly most of them will probably be crap. Go with the banana, I just hope you like yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    Honestly the only banana board i would buy is the skate banana, I really couldn't think of a better board for people who shred east coast.
    well the reverse camber on the banana board starts in the middle of the board, so it gets canceled out a little bit when you stand on it. the www reverse camber starts father out on the board near the feet, so even when you stand on it you can see the camber. when you stand on the banana the ends go down.

however, the www does not have magne traction

Quote Originally Posted by jay cagney View Post
    i like the www rocker better than the skate banana, it makes more sense.

the idea seems to make sense although i've never ridden one

but what if you're just going straight down the mountain? with the rocker you basically have no edge on the nose or tail of your board?

bahhh

I have a custom built knee-snowboard.