LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnj View Post
    Looking now to apply to colleges. i am looking to go in as a declared atmospheric science major, but i'm having a difficult time finding a decent school outside of Vermont that offers that major. I have also apllied to Hawaii Pacific univesity as an oceanography major. If anyone can help me out with any good schools for atmospheric science that would be great.
    University of Delaware has a great Environmental Science track with an atmospheric focus. I am an alumni. You have a nice 1.5 hour drive to the beach, but that will take you anywhere from Sandy Hook, NJ to Ocean City, MD in under 2 hours.

I believe Rutgers has a good atmospheric program. Your close to central NJ breaks there and close to NYC as well.

Private message me if you want more info on UD.

Images
    Interior Designer for a Custom Millshop. Light structual design work for a Contractor. I work an hour from the beach, but I surf when it is good. Bosses are pretty cool and understanding. I have found myself working many 16 hour days so I can surf early the next morning and come into work late though

Images
    I did work at a seafood restaraunt then i got fired cause days i went surfing instead of working

I'm an ITSEC consultant. My firm has offices in Costa Rica, San Diego, Hawaii, Australia, Florida, etc. and I'm stuck here in Northern Virginia. I surf on the weekends. Most of my Friday evenings are spent driving 6 hours south to Hatteras. Occasionally I'll go to DE for a day trip but haven't this year. Due to the fact that I live in this cesspool, every vacation are trips based around surfing.
    Last edited by StuckinVA; Sep 26, 2008 at 03:43 PM.

Images

Smile

I work for a very large corporation in information technology. Currently I am working on a project for implementing a multi-million dollar manufacturing system. Starting November I take another assignment that involves building interactive web marketing applications for my company's marketing department. I work about an hour from the beach and don't get time to surf during the week except in the summer. Weekend warrior I am, but I will find a way to move closer to the waves eventually.

Good to see a positive thread. I enjoyed reading all the posts.

Images
    what's awesome about this thread is that ppl can realize that surfers come from all walks of life.

I am a dual major in meteorology and physical oceanography at Millersville University (PA). Unfortunately, I have to drive 3 hours to my parents house in OCNJ to surf on weekends. The drive blows and I spend all my money on gas but in the end its all worth it.

i work two ems jobs. one in long branch nj and one for somerset medical center

Images
    I work for the NOC at an ISP in Manasquan. I basically work with Cisco devices. I really do nothing all day till a T-1 goes down or DSL line. I do some web hosting stuff and some email stuff once in a while. Only thing that sucks is that I''m on call 24hrs. That's why I'm on here so much. BORED!!!! Hey I make decent money to do nothing tho.

My boss is really cool....If it's firing he will let me go surf for a few.
    Other then that I surf whenever I can. Mostly when it's good.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Sep 26, 2008 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnj View Post
    Looking now to apply to colleges. i am looking to go in as a declared atmospheric science major, but i'm having a difficult time finding a decent school outside of Vermont that offers that major. I have also apllied to Hawaii Pacific univesity as an oceanography major. If anyone can help me out with any good schools for atmospheric science that would be great.

Millersville University (PA) has one of the best reputations in the US for it meteorology program. They also have a physical oceanography program that is up and coming. I'm doing the due degree program of both meteorology and physical oceanography and even though the beach is around 2.5-3 hours away, the programs quality is worth the drive. My friend and I have actually started a club that gathers surfers and other ocean lover alike. With some funding through the school, we take trips to the beach as often as possible. You should give us a look.