LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I'm a Custom Cabinet Maker, That's my Real job. And my second Job is restoring classic VW's to their 60's and 70's luster, gotta say I'd rather be doing that instead of cabinet making, soooooo. If anybody knows people with classic VW's send them my way

Images
    got your own shop or work for somebody else. cabinets

I work with somebody else, under his business name.

Images
    Did archaeology for 4 years out of school with no money and little time to surf. Moved into technology about 8 years ago and am now the Chief technology officer for a medium sized law firm in DC. Have six year old twins, 6 weeks of vacation and a wife that knows my ONLY mistress is the Ocean! Only time i take the wedding ring off!
    Great thread!

carpenter here. where the hell the rest of you!!! fortunately i am college educated, but i enjoy doing what i do.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by live2surf View Post
    Did archaeology for 4 years out of school with no money and little time to surf. Moved into technology about 8 years ago and am now the Chief technology officer for a medium sized law firm in DC. Have six year old twins, 6 weeks of vacation and a wife that knows my ONLY mistress is the Ocean! Only time i take the wedding ring off!
    Great thread!
    Damn, sounds like you moved yourself into a nice gig! and 6 weeks vacation?!?!? LUCKY YOU!! That's so sick.

I'm an industrial hygiene technician. Basically I run air samples at different places for different contaminants, asbestos, lead, heavy metals, etc. I work on a lot of asbestos projects doing inspections, making sure companies are going by the law. I have a B.S. in Environmental Science from UD. I worked in restaurants for many years, it took me like 8 years to get my degree. I lived it up, moved out to San Diego and worked in restaurants out there and surfed more than i worked. My advice to young people is put off the real world as long as possible, get that surfing in!!!!

I surfed just about every day for as long as i can remember. Then last year i started college in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. You can say it cuts into my surfing life a little. I get to snowboard everyday, but nothing compares to a good day of surf. Take it from me, if you are thinking of going somewhere far from the ocean, you better have another passion, cause if i didn't have snowboarding or skating or DJing to occupy my time i would go insane. I can't even watch surf video's. I just freak out and start looking up ticket prices to Cali, which are to expensive. Oh well, after this year its gonna be a life of surf for me, I'm moving somwhere with good consistant surf. Snowboarding good snow everyday is one thing, but surfing good waves all the time is about a thousand times better in my opinion. Every time i look at the swell charts and see the outer banks firing i wonder what the hell i am doing with my life, being literally thousands of miles away from any form of breaking wave. But all good things come with time i guess.