LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Rutgers

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    University of Delaware has a great Environmental Science track with an atmospheric focus. I am an alumni. You have a nice 1.5 hour drive to the beach, but that will take you anywhere from Sandy Hook, NJ to Ocean City, MD in under 2 hours.

I believe Rutgers has a good atmospheric program. Your close to central NJ breaks there and close to NYC as well.

Private message me if you want more info on UD.
    Idk about there courses but i live like 40 mins from Rutgers, and 25-30 minutes to Central Jersey Beach: Belmar, Manasquan, Longbranch(where i m usually at)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    I work for the NOC at an ISP in Manasquan. I basically work with Cisco devices. I really do nothing all day till a T-1 goes down or DSL line. I do some web hosting stuff and some email stuff once in a while. Only thing that sucks is that I''m on call 24hrs. That's why I'm on here so much. BORED!!!! Hey I make decent money to do nothing tho.

My boss is really cool....If it's firing he will let me go surf for a few.
    Other then that I surf whenever I can. Mostly when it's good.
    Hhaha.. I worked for Spencer's Headquarters and I was under DSL Support. Those days were good, just hang out configuring routers and setting them up with GMS settings and assisting all the Spencer stores in the malls.

Glad to see this thread so long... enjoyed reading everyone's post. My boss's are cool but I just started about 2 months ago so I have to give it some time before I start asking for favors.

im a penniless bum that mooches off everyone i know. i surf whenever i want to surf

i graduated biz school a few months ago and cant seem to give up my current life-stlye.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by capesurfer View Post
    currently searching for a job.

double major in earth and atmospheric sciences and philosophy. any ideas?
    Yea i need some ideas too im a political science/philosophy double major and i don't know what to do with either degree. If i get ambitious and my grades stay the way they are i kinda wanna get into a really good law school but not sure if thats the way i wanna go. It kinda contradicts my inner surf bum

Gotta grow up sometime.

Graduated in May with an English major/journalism minor. Spent most of summer traveling around Europe and the Middle East, and now I'm back in NJ completely broke, unemployed, and living at home.

I guess my full-time job is looking for a job.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Gotta grow up sometime.
    Pretty much true. Fortunately but unfortunately I did that within 3 months of graduating college.

Yeah, I put it off for much of my 20s until i met my wife. I found out quickly that most women don't want to take care of a surf bum. Now I'm a consultant for surgical software which has tons of flexibility so I get to surf almost when I want to.

Images
    That is awesome! I wish I had it like that... Like I said, having a decent job has its perks and has its downfalls.

I mean, I did just buy a 2006 Subaru WRX STI!!!

Cool thread. I work for a publisher in NYC but consider the OCNJ breaks my home since I have a place there, essentially grew up there - so I hit it on the weekends mostly - though I've been known to hit it during the week if it is warm and good. I surf year round with the exception of the dark, dead of winter (sooo depressing)...

I haven't actually surfed much in NY or Northern NJ but want branch out for late fall/early winter DP's and weekend sessions in LI or Sandy Hook, NJ to cut down on travel time. If there are an NYC dawn patrol crews lurking on these boards send me a note.